Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the site and had a couple questions. I went today and test drove a 06 cobalt ss supercharged version, and a SRT-4. While most of you know the Dodge has more nuts the Cobalt looks much better inside and out and is much more comfortable to drive. I cant say anything bad of the SRT and for months i thought it was the car for me. Anyway i ended up ordering a 06 silver cobalt and it should arrive sometime in Nov. My questions are about performance up grades. I have a 01 Ford Lightning so i am fimalar with the eatons. I have not contacted stiegemeier in st. charles yet about the port on the actual blower yet but will within the next few days. First i wanted to know if any of you have herd of this company and has anyone had any work done to their car yet. If you dont know who i am talking about feel free to check out their web site at stiegemeier.com. My blower on the lightning has been ported by them and i have seen a 32rwhp incresae with just the port alone. 2nd question is what is out so far that you can increase hp. I have researched the pullies and what not. what about programmers and intakes. Any aditional info anyone can give me about the car or their experiences they have had good or bad would be a huge help. Thanks in advance and good to be here. Ryan

·
Registered
492 Posts
First off, welcome to the site. Second, by the time you get your Cobalt, things should be really picking up aftermarket wise. In the beginning of November, things should be set on what we can expect from GM officially and other aftermarket companies. One company has a pully kit out with a piggy back (just includes the pully, tensioner and piggy back), that yeilds around 30whp and 30wtq, give or take depending on dyno. This is just with a pully and some retuning of the air/fuel mixtures. Not sure what else they did, but it's nothing serious. Companies are gonna start releasing big things that are still in development right now, ya just gotta give it time. Just remember that it's a new car and time has to be given for R&D. The stuff will come though, and it will be big.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd like to echo the welcome!
I've had my SS/SC for about a month. Enjoying the heck out of it, and am already thinking it needs more power in the midrange, and a higher rev limit.
I'm going to wait for the GM stuff........they are after all the experts.
Ron

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recomment the Psi-Fi kit. It netted me 248fwhp with an intake and muffler.

·
Registered
122 Posts
holy crap i live in st. charles and never heard of that place.. might have to check them out

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'd like to echo the welcome from one new guy to another, but sorry, cant help you out with any of the problems, i only got the LS and its stock for now as far as performance goes, just thought i'd say welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts