Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I have been lurking around here since December, thought I'd say HI! I don't own a Cobalt SS, but I do have a Silverado SS. But my daily driver is a 2003 Dodge Stratus RT. I guess the reason for this post, in this thread, is I am a photoshopper in the making and I did a small chop of a Cobalt SS. This is just the start of the chop, I don't know the car well enough to drop mods on it yet, but they will come. Maybe if you have reasonable ideas I can do them for you guys. You being the owners know what you want to see. I may not get to them right away, being I have a lot on my list, but normally I chop at night. So, I guess I've rambled incoherently enough. Time for my chop.

(Hope this works)

The hardest thing I found to do is the tinting of your back window. It looked bad either way I did it. Please leave some C&C. If this is the wrong spot, mods feel free to move it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you! Ya, I've been lurking around here for some time. I stop here daily to see whats up in the Cobalt SS world. Not much out yet for body and performance mods yet, but I bet they will be rolling out. I've had my Stratus for about 2 years now and they have yet to make anything for it, so I know how it feels. The thing with the Stratus is it's a dead platform, and nothing will be made with it. Making me think I need to move on to something newer.

But, looking at the SS, I bet a V-style hood would look dope.

Edit: Added new pic with V-Style hood. Quick 2 minute chop on there to get an idea what it would look like.

·
Registered
492 Posts
XeroState said:
Nice chop's. Now if only it where a redline:p
Agreed. But, the Cobalt looks like it's leaning a little bit, like it should be turning to the right a little bit. Now, do one of the RL's, cuz that would be bad ass.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
Agreed. But, the Cobalt looks like it's leaning a little bit, like it should be turning to the right a little bit. Now, do one of the RL's, cuz that would be bad ass.

Do one with a big lump in the hood from a Whipple. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue04RedLine said:
Now, do one of the RL's, cuz that would be bad ass.
You provide me with a good HQ image around 800x600 or bigger of it and I'll whip something up. Perferably a side shot like the Cobalt. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks magnificent, did you get the paint scheme idea from the Foose mustang GT? Cause thats exactly what I thought of when I saw it

·
Registered
492 Posts
ScreaminSS said:
You provide me with a good HQ image around 800x600 or bigger of it and I'll whip something up. Perferably a side shot like the Cobalt. :)
What about the pic in my avatar? It was taken on a 5mp camera. I can take something else soon, but the car isn't exactly clean right now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
those headlights are crazy.. i want them... and those rims.. i know its chopped but damn looks nice.. convincing me to lose the picnick table too

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
canada6901 said:
That looks magnificent, did you get the paint scheme idea from the Foose mustang GT? Cause thats exactly what I thought of when I saw it
Nope, I just sit at my computer and stare blankly and ideas come to me. Originally, it was going to be black and silver, but then orange just came to me. Actually, in spring I have to repaint my car, and I am working up a few schemes for it, so I do a bunch of paint jobs just to see the different color combos.

However, I would love to see the Foose Mustang, do you have a link where can I find it?

Ok, I have a pic. I've been working on it for the past 5 hours, and I have yet to get it painted yet.. I dont plan on being done until tommorow night. I have a list of stuff to do still! Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here is the Saturn ION Redline I did. I originally went with a two-tone paint scheme, it didn't look good. Then I did the fade away paint job, still.. Looked bad. Then in the end, my friend looked at it and said it would look just sick at black. So, that's where I went with it.

Original:

Chop:

Leave some C&C.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts