Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up, I'm about to purchase a 2010 ss, wooot. This'l be my first "tuner" and forced Induction car as well. I'm coming from a 2005 Pontiac GTO that was full bolt ons and cam (stock heads) made really good power and I loved it, but I need somthing more economical right now and I always loved the ss balts, so yeah, Im gettin ready to pull the trigger this week if I can find one, Got one coming in from GA, and another dealer going to an auction tomorrow to try and buy one. My first goals are to try and get 300whp, I'm sure its rather easy to do, I hope, and I'm also interested into converting from recirculating to VTA, any tips, common problems or anything just throw it out here, I'm open to suggestions and anything else. Nice to meet you all in Advance!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey guys whats up, I'm about to purchase a 2010 ss, wooot. This'l be my first "tuner" and forced Induction car as well. I'm coming from a 2005 Pontiac GTO that was full bolt ons and cam (stock heads) made really good power and I loved it, but I need somthing more economical right now and I always loved the ss balts, so yeah, Im gettin ready to pull the trigger this week if I can find one, Got one coming in from GA, and another dealer going to an auction tomorrow to try and buy one. My first goals are to try and get 300whp, I'm sure its rather easy to do, I hope, and I'm also interested into converting from recirculating to VTA, any tips, common problems or anything just throw it out here, I'm open to suggestions and anything else. Nice to meet you all in Advance!
yea broski getting to 300whp is the easiest thing todo with these cars but if your looking for the most bang for your buck is look at HAHNRACECRAFT.COM they have a super20G turbo that just came out that i ordered for 1300$ one of the best companies for our cars and it will give you 425whp easy but welcome to the forum and welcome to the cobalt family

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) Ive deff read some great stuff about Hahn Raceing and that'l deff be where my under teh hood go fast goodies moneys are spent. Itl be a while before I upgrade the stock turbo, I'l probably milk her for all shes got then upgrade haha.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks :) Ive deff read some great stuff about Hahn Raceing and that'l deff be where my under teh hood go fast goodies moneys are spent. Itl be a while before I upgrade the stock turbo, I'l probably milk her for all shes got then upgrade haha.
i believe its good up to 32psi but dont push it skoal has his up to 30psi i only run mine at 27psi but its so quick at spooling its not even funny

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Welcome john.

As said before Iam am on a 30psi tune. Iam not planning on the turbo to last 90k miles and its is maxes out. So if your planning on getting a turbo upgrade. I would push that turbo. Get every little pit of power out of it before you spend 1200-2k on a turbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts