Cobalts SS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am new here, but not new the forum style of life.

I am the proud owner of a '93 Eclipse GSX, a '04 Chevy Cavalier and a '01 Chevy Blazer.

I came here to find a good community to chat with and to find good info on the Cobalt SS. I love the SS and would love to have one, but with three cars in the stable I don't see that happening. and I am not going to abandon the DSM!!!!

what drew me to this forum was: I am a member in a Cavalier site too and I am trying to find new ways to make my Cavy fast.
I found out from guys on that board that the ECOTEC 2.0 in the SS is merely a destroked 2.2 (same engine as in my Cavy).

I am looking to do some mods like a stock Supercharger from the Cobalt SS (or ion redline). and of coarse all the supporting mods needed to make that work.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Welcome aboard buddy! Check out our sponsors, they could be able to help ya out with some of yer wants/needs for yer Cavy! Good luck!

·
Registered
251 Posts
gsxracer80 said:
Hey all,

I am new here, but not new the forum style of life.

I am the proud owner of a '93 Eclipse GSX, a '04 Chevy Cavalier and a '01 Chevy Blazer.

I came here to find a good community to chat with and to find good info on the Cobalt SS. I love the SS and would love to have one, but with three cars in the stable I don't see that happening. and I am not going to abandon the DSM!!!!

what drew me to this forum was: I am a member in a Cavalier site too and I am trying to find new ways to make my Cavy fast.
I found out from guys on that board that the ECOTEC 2.0 in the SS is merely a destroked 2.2 (same engine as in my Cavy).

I am looking to do some mods like a stock Supercharger from the Cobalt SS (or ion redline). and of coarse all the supporting mods needed to make that work.
First, welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll find more than enough information here to help you out with that Cavy :D.

As for your mods, I believe there is already a S/C released from GM for the 2.2L found in to 2000-2005 Cavaliers and there is also one in the works for the 2.2L found on the Cobalts if the GM turning guides are correct. Some have said the S/C found in the GM tuner guides for the 2.2L engine found in the non-ss models is actually the one created for the 2.2L found in the Cavys. The part # listed in the tuning guides (links found here) is 1780003.

Permafried-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts