Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this is my first time on this forum. Im usually on digital corvettes but they dont like me talking about the cobalt ss. I currently have a 96 corvette and im selling it cause i want a cobalt ss. Ive test driven a few and really liked them. I just want to know what some of you guys think of them. Are they a good car or am i going to blow it up beatin on it? And do any of the mods really make a difference?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I sent you a PM. To answer your question, yes, the car is worth it! I have had a few Camaro's in my life, and I can honestly say the CobaltSS Is the best bang for the busk. If you do get an SS, I would recommend the following, which is the same mods I have on my car. GM Stage 2, Ingalls Torque Damper, and a CAI, whether it be K&N or Injen, or whatever.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
first and foremost... pics of the vette? :D

as long as you mod smartly you'll be fine with the car.

one thing i HIGHLY recommdend is if you get an intake, do not use an oiled filter, use a dryflow.

also, if you don't care about your warranty i'd ditch the gm kits, get injectors, blower pulley and a custom tune.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
B-E-A- Utiful! I could almost make a run and dive into that dark red color!

·
Registered
98 Posts
first and foremost... pics of the vette? :D

as long as you mod smartly you'll be fine with the car.

one thing i HIGHLY recommdend is if you get an intake, do not use an oiled filter, use a dryflow.

also, if you don't care about your warranty i'd ditch the gm kits, get injectors, blower pulley and a custom tune.
+1, deff the best route imho

·
Registered
478 Posts
please ohhhh please don't get a gm trash kit...

head for an intense or CA stage kit...much more bang for the buck

also stay away from the CA kit that use's the 42.5lb/hr injectors WITH the 2.7 pulley

it has been proven MANY times that its impossible to keep safe and reliable AFR's and safe IDC's with that set up.

enjoy the balt tho...they can be made into vette eaters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts