Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Been a while since i posted, and unfortunately, it's because of a problem.

I am a little over 5 months into the car now, and 14K miles.... The front brakes have been cut 3 times, and the back twice.....

TOday I had it in for a buzzing sound in the exhuast, and thought it was a heat shield or something..... Well, they found that the exhaust is going to have to be replaced. The pipe is a double-walled pipe, and the inner pipe is the part making the noise, so they orderd me a new one.

Man, this is SO much fun.

Good thing it gets 30+mpg, or I'd be upset.

Just thought you would be interested to keep en eye out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
should have asked if they could of gotten u aftermarket or gm performance exhaust

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about that as I was driving into work this AM.....
My dealer isn't exactly in tune with that kinda stuff. They are more comfortable with servicing cars that are 100% stock it seems. Not saying that for sure, but that's the impression I get.
I know other dealers are more fun in that respect.
Oh well, only 4 months until summer-ish weather here again. My car might stay black for more than 1 hour.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
when does the Gm performance exhaust come out? or has it already?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update for eveyone....
It's been 2 weeks and still no replacement exhuast!
I called the dealer yesterday and haven't called back yet.
:mad:

Going to start busting heads soon if I don't at least get a response from them.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
LittleStealthSS, I eventually had to escalate my issue with my fuel pump never being shipped to gm's customer service. My dealer actually suggested it. Very glad that I did.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Alex said:
its really pisses me off when someone says that get 30mpg because i only get 20-24 tops no matter what i do.

1st off...
I have noticed that after the car has now 15K ( after 6 months ) that the car is getting slightly worse MPG than before. I've never touched the avg MPG on the DIC and it is reading 28.8 right now. I realize that might not be 100% accurate, but it's been VERY close when I do the math. Granted I don't do the X% odo correction and all, but I'm happy with it.

I put 100+ miles a day on mine, and it runs very well.

2ndly... I JUST got off the phone with the dealer, and the last of 3 items they needed finally came in. The pipe itself was on backorder. Getting it put on tomorrow after work.

UPDATE:

I went to the dealer last night, and 90 minutes later, I had a new exhaust aft of the cat.

Looks good, and smells like a new car again... Love that" not yet broken in exhaust" smell.

Now I have to re-break in the pipes so they sound good again. They were just finally opening up a bit.

I'll update again if the problem comes back.

Now onto getting them to get the brakes right.--------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts