Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I didn't see an Introductions page, so I hope this is ok to put here.

Well my name is Sean and im not a Cobalt owner yet...but I will be the first week of October or so. Im not new to the SS family though. I currently have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS that I swapped a 355 into. It's a fun, quick car (that can be seen in my sig) but a pig on gas. Hence why im buying a Cobalt.

Im going to pick up a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC black with black/red interior, moonroof and every other bell and whistle. I test drove one a while back and while its not super wild, it is a fun little car and its only my daily driver. With the employee discount I cant get it here in VA for 20K.

The only thing i might change is the spoiler...hate it...never liked em. Im gonna have the body shop at that dealership do it. Im probably gonna just leave it bare, but i might get a basic spoiler put on like the regular cobalts have.

So, are there any mods out for these yet? Im looking more for ECU programming type shit...chips and such.

Well thanks for letting me here lol

P.S. Another site to check out for anyone in TX is www.sanantonioimports.com. Im the moderator for the Domestic section there. Yes...the name is misleading. It started as an import site but grew exponentially over the course of just a year. So it adapted to domestics and recently bikes.

·
Registered
492 Posts
One Kwick SS said:
Well I didn't see an Introductions page, so I hope this is ok to put here.

Well my name is Sean and im not a Cobalt owner yet...but I will be the first week of October or so. Im not new to the SS family though. I currently have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS that I swapped a 355 into. It's a fun, quick car (that can be seen in my sig) but a pig on gas. Hence why im buying a Cobalt.

Im going to pick up a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC black with black/red interior, moonroof and every other bell and whistle. I test drove one a while back and while its not super wild, it is a fun little car and its only my daily driver. With the employee discount I cant get it here in VA for 20K.

The only thing i might change is the spoiler...hate it...never liked em. Im gonna have the body shop at that dealership do it. Im probably gonna just leave it bare, but i might get a basic spoiler put on like the regular cobalts have.

So, are there any mods out for these yet? Im looking more for ECU programming type shit...chips and such.

Well thanks for letting me here lol

P.S. Another site to check out for anyone in TX is www.sanantonioimports.com. Im the moderator for the Domestic section there. Yes...the name is misleading. It started as an import site but grew exponentially over the course of just a year. So it adapted to domestics and recently bikes.
Welcome, and nice car to be coming from. Before I bought my Redline, I was looking at 88 Monte SS's for a new car. Glad I didn't wind up in a V8 now though, the way gas is going. Still would love one as a project people, or a GN :D.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good choice, I own a 68 camaro SS, as well as others, but I cannot afford the gas, so being a true chevy fan and looking to save gas I just picked up an SS/SC.(still kept the camaro of course) Pretty impressive car and seems like GM has put a lot of cash in R&D on this car. Lots of room for HP gains. Heres my camaro , cos I dont have my cobalt pic yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone. Thas a nice 68 there. I actually want to get either a GN or a 68 or 69 Camaro RS/SS.

Ill post pics of the cobalt when i get it, but its obviously not gonna be anything special since yall have the same thing lol. It will probably diff just cause im getting rid of that spoiler.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah my wife really wanted to get the monte carlo ss years ago, and she ending up with the GN. Not a bad second choice. Now if I can get my cobalt to perform like the GN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
One Kwick SS said:
thanks everyone. Thas a nice 68 there. I actually want to get either a GN or a 68 or 69 Camaro RS/SS.

Ill post pics of the cobalt when i get it, but its obviously not gonna be anything special since yall have the same thing lol. It will probably diff just cause im getting rid of that spoiler.
If you're gonna get rid of that spoiler, you should look into the RK Sport spoiler. It's nice and flat, adds a nice touch to the car without being too ricey IMHO. I have a low spoiler, and it add a distinct look and shouldn't be in the line of site either.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
If you're gonna get rid of that spoiler, you should look into the RK Sport spoiler. It's nice and flat, adds a nice touch to the car without being too ricey IMHO. I have a low spoiler, and it add a distinct look and shouldn't be in the line of site either.
did you have the original spoiler on your redline? or did you just not have a factory spoiler on yours (i've seen RL's without spoilers from the factory) and if you did have a factory spoiler, did the rk cover the existing holes?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
oh damn, i just noticed the pinstripe too. where'd you get the pinstirpe with the flames at the end?

·
Registered
492 Posts
The spoiler I have isn't the RK one, but is similar in it's profile and such, so that's why I posted that pic. I did have that little factory thing that comes on the normal Ions, but I wanted one that made me a little different than the rest of the crowd. I had seen this wing on another Ion, once, and liked it, so I found it and bought it. It mounted right to my stock location though. I don't imagine the whole RK sport one will match, because it's a 3 piece if I remember correctly. The pinstripe was done at the dealer. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
And the RK spoiler need to be painted and needs new holes to boot.
Looks like a grand, unless you know how to weld, do body work and paint.
Ron

·
Registered
492 Posts
498Nova said:
And the RK spoiler need to be painted and needs new holes to boot.
Looks like a grand, unless you know how to weld, do body work and paint.
Ron
How much does the spoiler set cost alone then? If it needs to be painted still, I would imagine the cost should have been down some. And why would it need to be welded?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts