Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just finished putting all my under-the-hood mods on her, so i thought id share some pics..... :D also, just waxed it so i threw in a pic lol

Mods in pics include: Dual torque braces(check out that .5mm clearance!!!! :mad: gotta love that grinding away noise while turning! :eek: ), 05 mount(yes, its an 06 car), DC Sports strut bar, SSC Coil Cover and Fuse Box Cover, Red-Painted Fuel Rail Cover, K&N CAI, 2.8" SFPHQ pulley, and prob a few other things i forgot. anyways, enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
That grinding isnt good, its putting pressure on the motor mount. Thats why I took it off already back in october and was waiting for the replacement bracket. If that motor mount breaks I'm sure its not cheap to replace.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know it's ghetto, but I put double sided foam tape (the good and thick 3M brand) on the side of the bracket. Some vinyl decal over that to weather proof it a little (part of my business, plenty laying around) and the left turn grinding noise is gone. I figured the tape wouldn't hold up more than a few days between there, but it's been over 3 weeks and it still looks like it did when I first put it on. :D

Temporary fix until I get new mounts and bushings, I'll probably ditch the brace (Weapon R). I notice no difference what so ever with wheel hop using it, stronger and smoother shifts, though.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
and by zymol do you mean the turtle wax made stuff that you get at walmart and parts stores? Or the real deal $45 stuff?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Lookin good. I was wonderin who was gettin that fuse box cover. Now it makes perfect sense, lol. So when you gettin the stuff we talked about a couple weeks ago, so you can get those gmpp crap things off :p.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking good. I wish there was some nice SS's where I live. I see one or two driving around, but I don't think they have anything done to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lookin good man, that wax really makes the color of the car stand out! Mine is in desperate need of a wax and some tint...lol, but I have to wait till I get back to work, been off since Dec16th (in school) and the only mod that I have been able to do was the K&N Typhoon, but I've noticed a hugh difference with it and I'm still gettin 32 mpg on the highway!! :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya one of our porters actually recomended zymbol, thats why i use it. also, i use a power buffer or whatever you wanna call that thing. comes out much smoother and takes that ruffness out of the back area of the car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts