Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
KSE said:
fanboi...

seriously.

HAHA, no not at all, but anyone can run 11's with a big shot of N20, there was a GTO that did it also and I was unimpressed with that also. I love any fast car, but not when its just a slapped on nitrous kit.

seriously
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the point was that the car has been available only RECENTLY and already has a fast growing aftermarket..

you think it didnt have supporting mods to help out in that?

i love the gto, i just dont think you should have shared your comment.. if you didnt like it, or knew it wouldnt have impressed you.. why post?

the title was blunt, and obvious what was inside.. if it doesnt interest you, dont watch it or comment on it, it was aimed at ppl who would find it very interested, like myself...

no hard feelings, just im on a bunch of forums(like 10), and i get ppl that always say negative shit when they know better...

you could have said..

"......ive seen a gto do the same..." .. leave the *yawn* and your 'unipressed' attitude out of it...

...you as a moderator on another forum should understand that comments like that are just not welcomed

-ALBeRt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
KSE said:
the point was that the car has been available only RECENTLY and already has a fast growing aftermarket..

you think it didnt have supporting mods to help out in that?

i love the gto, i just dont think you should have shared your comment.. if you didnt like it, or knew it wouldnt have impressed you.. why post?

the title was blunt, and obvious what was inside.. if it doesnt interest you, dont watch it or comment on it, it was aimed at ppl who would find it very interested, like myself...

no hard feelings, just im on a bunch of forums(like 10), and i get ppl that always say negative shit when they know better...

you could have said..

"......ive seen a gto do the same..." .. leave the *yawn* and your 'unipressed' attitude out of it...

...you as a moderator on another forum should understand that comments like that are just not welcomed

-ALBeRt

Being a moderator I know the difference between unwanted trollage, and expressing a simple opinion. If the Stang had been say...bored and stroked to 11s I would have been impressed as that isnt something every joe blow can do. Nitrous on the other hand is an easy (relatively) bolt in kit. The stang may be new, but N20 isn't. The GTO that ran 11s did it back when the 04s were brand new and was one of the first into 11s...I was unimpressed then as I am today for said reasons.

As for the title, it just mentions the stang, not that it runs 11s on N20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nocturn said:
Being a moderator I know the difference between unwanted trollage, and expressing a simple opinion. If the Stang had been say...bored and stroked to 11s I would have been impressed as that isnt something every joe blow can do. Nitrous on the other hand is an easy (relatively) bolt in kit. The stang may be new, but N20 isn't. The GTO that ran 11s did it back when the 04s were brand new and was one of the first into 11s...I was unimpressed then as I am today for said reasons.

As for the title, it just mentions the stang, not that it runs 11s on N20.
insert </:banghead:/>












;) no worries *shrugs*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
KSE said:
...you as a moderator on another forum should understand that comments like that are just not welcomed
C'mon KSE, I'm a "Super Mod" on SCR and am one of the most blunt people on this site.

Moderating isn't about meing tactful all the time, is about keeping the masses under a little control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JDMCivic said:
C'mon KSE, I'm a "Super Mod" on SCR and am one of the most blunt people on this site.

Moderating isn't about meing tactful all the time, is about keeping the masses under a little control.
i know i know.. i just got a little touchy :D .... :mad:

but seriously tho, i didnt expect it.. the guys at gmvsford loved it.. and they're all into that shit.. come on now..

'dah well :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
KSE said:
i know i know.. i just got a little touchy :D .... :mad:

but seriously tho, i didnt expect it.. the guys at gmvsford loved it.. and they're all into that shit.. come on now..

'dah well :cool:
Im into cars, be it GM or Ford...one more than the other obviouslly, im just not into N20.

Sorry to get under anyones skin if I did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
See why cant EVERYBODY *cough cough Z cough* resolve disputes like mature adults!!! Both parties apologized in this particular dispute and everybody is happy. I apologized NUMEROUS times in my dispute and all I got was NUMEROUS smarteleck remarks. Even edited some of my rude posts, but nooooo, still a jerk.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
By the way GTO's are slowly leakin into Jackson and I've seen quite a few now. I actually saw one today with the famed Pontiac "Ram Air" style hood on it. Im pretty sure it was aftermarket though. I don't think the others come out w/ the factory hood and boosted power ratings til next year, not sure though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I can be impressed with a car regardless of how it goes fast. Just because it just has nitrous dosen't meant that someone hasn't taken apart the whole engine and modded it to handle the gas. There are plenty of guys on TV that are running dragsters that are N/A except for the nitrous.

What I have no respect for is someone that hands their car over to a mechanic, along with a huge sum of cash, and says 'Make it go fast...'. Which is exactly what most people do. Don't matter if it's bored, stroked, honed, polished, turboed, charged, gassed, you get the point.

I've never taken my cars to a mechanic for upgrades. If someone races me in my car, they are racing my work, my hard time, and my countless nights sitting up learning about the physics of engines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sp00ner said:
I can be impressed with a car regardless of how it goes fast. Just because it just has nitrous dosen't meant that someone hasn't taken apart the whole engine and modded it to handle the gas. There are plenty of guys on TV that are running dragsters that are N/A except for the nitrous.

What I have no respect for is someone that hands their car over to a mechanic, along with a huge sum of cash, and says 'Make it go fast...'. Which is exactly what most people do. Don't matter if it's bored, stroked, honed, polished, turboed, charged, gassed, you get the point.

I've never taken my cars to a mechanic for upgrades. If someone races me in my car, they are racing my work, my hard time, and my countless nights sitting up learning about the physics of engines.
i understnad what you mean... i actually plan on learning to do a lot of hands on engine building, but A LOT of people really don't know how to do stuff themselves (like me, for the time being)..

..i can't really argue with you since im totaly in your favor... i rather do all of it MYSELF than take it to someone else, EVEN IF THAT WAS FREE AS WELL

jm2c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
The Holden version, that is the original skin, its a bit more agressive but lacks the trademark Pontiac grills. A great car though, you could get 2x the price of the current GTO by rebadging it as a Holden here.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top