Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory ordered my 2007 Cobalt SS/SC 4 weeks ago......
Originally the dealer said it would be here in 6-8 weeks.....nice surprise.
I hmmm'd and haw'd for 3 months which car to get...tested them all (Asian, European, and American)....very time consuming...but gained a lot of insight to all strengths and weaknesses of many brands....there are a LOT of nice cars out there! Most, not every, brand had at least one model I really liked.
Conclusion after 500km.....WOW......I made the right choice! For the money (engine, handling, looks, warranty) this is the best deal out there! And everybody that drives beside me knows it!
Or maybe they slow down because of the blinding yellow.
This car gives new meaning to my daily commute to work....enter the car with a smile...exit the car with a smile....sweeping onramps to the highway have never been so much fun! Future will include scheduling track time at Mosport, after some modifications!

Regrettably the fun will take a 5 month break....have to go buy winter tires.

mz (Rally yellow in Oshawa)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and I welcome you to the cobalt community. I have an 06 SS/SC that I bought almost 2 months ago. I have already installed the Stage II upgrade kit. If you have not done that yet, you need to. You will notice a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
storage? winter? doe it get that bad up there? we have snow, but it comes and goes pretty fast.

good purchase gozoom. you should love every bit of the car.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
i hear ya. that crap they put on the roads is horrible. but we don't see enough of it to matter. quick wash and its off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys....

1BADSS,

Since I don't want to spend a lot of time doing homework your footer is a good recipe?

as in:
GM Lower Grill, DC Sport Strut Bar, Injen CAI,
GM Stage 2 with 2.8 Pulley Boys pulley, Ingalls ETD, NGK Iridium BKR7EIX Plugs

also another q: does the SC have a rev/speed limiter?

thanks,
mz

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
thanks guys....

1BADSS,

Since I don't want to spend a lot of time doing homework your footer is a good recipe?

as in:
GM Lower Grill, DC Sport Strut Bar, Injen CAI,
GM Stage 2 with 2.8 Pulley Boys pulley, Ingalls ETD, NGK Iridium BKR7EIX Plugs

also another q: does the SC have a rev/speed limiter?

thanks,
mz
Yes. Stock = 6500rpm, GM Stage 1 & 2 = 7000rpm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts