Cobalts SS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I installed a 3" pulley from SFPH with plugs and damn, I love it. Car pulls way harder, I hit 12 psi by 2000 rpm, 14 psi by 4000 rpm and max by 4500. My favorite part is that if I shift by 5500 rpm I never dip below 14psi. Since I already had a 3.25'" installed all I had to do was take the belt off, unscrew the old pulley, screw in the new one, and put the belt back on. Total install time... under 5 minutes. I couldnt even finish my beer

Just to be safe, I contacted a buddy of mine who works for Saturn and had him use his Tek II to check on A/F and... 14.7:1 All and all, Im very happy. Im dynoing on the 17th and going to the track soon there after so I will post up results as they come in.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
GM3saturn said:
Okay, so I installed a 3" pulley from SFPH with plugs and damn, I love it. Car pulls way harder, I hit 12 psi by 2000 rpm, 14 psi by 4000 rpm and max by 4500. My favorite part is that if I shift by 5500 rpm I never dip below 14psi. Since I already had a 3.25'" installed all I had to do was take the belt off, unscrew the old pulley, screw in the new one, and put the belt back on. Total install time... under 5 minutes. I couldnt even finish my beer

Just to be safe, I contacted a buddy of mine who works for Saturn and had him use his Tek II to check on A/F and... 14.7:1 All and all, Im very happy. Im dynoing on the 17th and going to the track soon there after so I will post up results as they come in.
Cool... well man can't wait to see the #'s. Do you have any other mods???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just K&N CAI and a catback...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please tell me 14.7 is at idle.... and under a load you are not at 14s.... if so ... Don't expect it to last long..

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Tech 2 only reads the narrow band factory o2 sensor if you added a bunch more air I would get it checked with wideband o2.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most definitely.... the extra ponies is not worth popping your motor. $380 is little to ask for a nice wideband to let you know "Hey you're fawkin up your motor"...

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts