Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New rims/tires/tint/gauges (((New pics!!!)))

Ok so here are some teaser pics for you guys. Ill have some realy good shots of it tomarrow. Its late and my batterys went dead befor I got any realy good pics.

So here you go.

This is a shot of the stock wheels and tires next to the new wheels and tires.

As you can see the 235/40/18s are alot wider!
The new rims are 18s 42mm offset 5-110 and are 7.5" wide.
The Stockers are only 7"s wide. It ses so on the rim and we checked this to.

And a shot of a new tire befor mounting.

And here are 2 shots of one of the rims off the car ready to go.

And a few shots of it on the ground befor it left the shop.

And one last shot after I got some new batterys. It was geting dark and the rest of the pics look like crap.

Ill have more pics and info saterday night.

I can tell you this.
If your looking to get of wheel hop. This is the mod for you! I can get off the line alot faster now and the new tires and rims removed about 90% of the wheel hop I had.

And they look PIMP!

I also had my windows tinted today and my blackcatcustoms gauge face is here and will be going on in tomarrow befor pics are taken.

Later

·
Registered
492 Posts
kelleyperformance said:
those are BF Goodrich gForce T/A KDW 2 tires. VERY popular item, i cant get a hold of them anymore at the shop, they have stoped production, national backorder :eek:
Guess that means I should keep up on my rotations so I don't need new ones soon huh. I love my tires, they look so damn cool. You also can't really beat how well they perform as well as a normal summer tire.

·
Registered
210 Posts
sweet ride love the rims. i would have chosen diffrent tires but hey tomato tamato.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Stubbles said:
Waht rims are those, they look good!
I have to agree I like the rims. where did you get them. I was planning on going with white to be different. I have a red SS and I thought of having a white design on the car to compliment the rims.:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Springs are on the list. Not on the top though.
The rims I got from gravana. There ALT sonix.
The stock rim is 7" wide. It even ses so on the rim!

Im uploading pics new pics now. But Im on dialup so its going to take some time.

Later

·
Registered
729 Posts
Can you get a direct front and rear shot of the stance. I would like to see it.

also interested in rubbing. didnt think these would rub? is it the offset? is offset different from stock?

When I said there has been post's of these rims were 7.5" not 7.0" the poster's recognized the fact that it says 7.0" on the rim as well. they just didn't measure correctly I guess.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It only rubed at like 2/3 to lock. It cought the inside of the side skirt when I was backing up and then it rubed any time I turned . Ill be posting pics later today after I get them all uploaded.
My rims are 42mm offset. stockers are 40mm. But my rim is 7.5 so that makes a diff to.
I dont know waht sprinds Im going to use yet as I only want to lower it 1/2 inch and stifen the rid a bit.
Later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts