Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got this shorty antenna from antennaX off of ebay. it was 15 bucks... 10 for the antenna and 5 for shipping. it was a pretty good deal, and i love the way it looks over that gigantic stock antenna. i haven't tried out the radio or my ipod fm transmitter yet to make sure the quality is the same, but when i do i'll let everyone know.

here's some pics for now.

i'll get some daylight shots later this week.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Video2402 said:
Sweet I got the same one. waiting for it. Hey, whose MKII gti is that next to you?
yea, i like the way it looks a lot. as for the gti, i have no idea who's it is, whoever i parked next to in the lot. it's one of the larger lots on campus.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where'd you get that from? and the reception isn't as bad as i think, but it has deteriorated right? i can't have my reception be any worse than stock, since even stock the ipod fm transmitter sounds like garbage.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's just a rubber vaccum plug, and surprisingly recpetion is not that bad, but it would be worse than stock. I use to use my ipod but couldnt stand the shit quality of sound so went back to cd's but this summer getting my the ipod adapter hardwired in the car so theres no sound quality lost.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I see you p7x :d

Is the reception noticably different?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is usually the ipods and their transmitters that are to blame not the antenna. I had one that always sucked even if I set the ipod next to the ipod on the trunk. I would reccomend a hardwire. as for the antennas I dont like that nipple set up. It's so short you might as well shave the whole thing and re-paint it. I do like the shorty though.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cams said:
It is usually the ipods and their transmitters that are to blame not the antenna. I had one that always sucked even if I set the ipod next to the ipod on the trunk. I would reccomend a hardwire. as for the antennas I dont like that nipple set up. It's so short you might as well shave the whole thing and re-paint it. I do like the shorty though.
yea, the receotion sucks with my stock antenna, so any deterioration of reception is going to make it even worse. i plan on hardwiring my ipod in when i get my new head unit into the car, but for now i have no way of doing it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joedashow said:
So iso, how's the reception with they shorty? I'm ready to buy the same antenna, but I'd just like to know how the reception is (though I'll probably end up getting it anyway :rolleyes: ).
i'll let you know some time tomorrow. i had a cd in on the drive back to school after i put the antenna on, so don't know what the reception is like. i'll check tomorrow when i go out to get my phone that i left on the visor in the car. :rolleyes: i'm lazy.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
iso said:
i'll let you know some time tomorrow. i had a cd in on the drive back to school after i put the antenna on, so don't know what the reception is like. i'll check tomorrow when i go out to get my phone that i left on the visor in the car. :rolleyes: i'm lazy.
LOL I know THAT feeling... :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I could really care less about reception. Only time i've listened to the local radio was during and in the aftermath of Katrina. XM rocks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
HeppyCat said:
I could really care less about reception. Only time i've listened to the local radio was during and in the aftermath of Katrina. XM rocks!
Now if only they made iPod xm transmitters... :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts