Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am ordering my black SS in about a week after my loan goes through. I live in central Ohio and work as a Diesel Technician in Columbus. When everyone starts getting their cars hit me up so i can come hang out and do some meets.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Congrats on your loan for the car! Im still waitin for the 06's but black will probably be my choice too! Where did you say you were from, Columbus, Ohio?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I figured I'd hijack this thread and say hello since im new here too. I currently own a 98 neon, and will be in the market for a new car shortly. I've narrowed it down between a cobalt ss and a colorado. car vs truck, hehe. but i figured id join the forums and learn as much as i can about these cars as everyone else does!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey cool! My girl drives a 98 Neon! Hey if you are gettin rid of that car and wanna part it out lemme know, cuz she might want some of your stuff. She wants to fix her car up a little. Hers is a 2.0L SOHC, 3spd auto, sedan. I tell you what, you take the air duct off of the filter and romp on it that lil thing sounds like a beast (sounds a lot faster than what it really is) LOL! What is yours? SOHC/DOHC, auto/manual, coupe/4???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeap. i actaully live Northeast of Columbus. A town call Mount Vernon,but its in the general range.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
You caught my eye cause w/ the diesel tech. and the part about the meets. I wanna own a custom/performance shop I'd like to be trained in every aspect but I think I'll be goin for auto body first. As far as meets go, Later on this year when I get mine IM THERE!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
4dr, mtx, sohc.

blckSS, hope u enjoy the car. I think black will look awesome(of course im biased) I just hate washing it, and Everything that shows up.

cobizzle, heres a couple pics, i'll probably part the stuff thats easily replaced. throttle body, fuel rail, lights etc, and probably leave things like the bodykit, udp, springs, that kinda stuff on the car. i only look to get about 2500 out of the ol' gal :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Man that sucks cause she actually WANTS that body kit! I'll get her on here to see if there is anything she wants: lights, etc. and I'll let ya know. Oh and what kind of throttle body is it?

P.S. How much do you want for the entire car, just curious??

·
Registered
12 Posts
only thing with selling the body kit, the paintjob was done last fall, my car was slate color so the stock bumpers wouldnt match if i put them back on, no stripes either.
right now id try to get 3grand out of it. but when it actually comes time to sell it, it'll be even less because of additional mileage. i have 102,XXX right now.
the throttle body is a 55mm mPx. 42mmcame stock on mtx, autos had a 48mm i believe. 60mm is the largest but any bigger than 55 and youd have to port the intake manifold to be effective. The rims will prolly be sold seperate as well, i have 5 of them, and new tires are going on tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Really? $3000 for the whole car not parted out? Im kinda interested. I'll be commuting to school next year (hopefully) and need something in decent shape thats good on gas, and the price is kinda in the right range too. I could have that in just a few months, or get a small loan and pay it off before time to look for an SS. Where are you located??

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey, 1Low, just seein if you were still on the boards any time? Also one more question bout your neon: How long will it be before you plan to sell it? Cause if its within the next several months, I seriously might be interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
im still here. pm me so that we dont run this thread forever :)
yeah 3000 as is, not parted. ive had the car for 60,000 miles and still no problems out of it. I'm not really sure when i plan on selling it. hopefully near the end of the year. i get 28mpg...thats me driving with a lead foot in city traffic though. and im in huntington, wv. near ohio and ky

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow.. 1 Low Neon.. Me and you both have the brand new cars narrowed down to the Cobalt SS and the Colorado.. isn't that just weird.. 2 people on the same board looking at the same vehicles lol..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts