Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum. Just ordered a new SS in Victory Red - hopefuly not "Write Me Up Red". Waiting for a build date, dealer says 6-8 weeks... hope my current car (160K 95 Maxima) makes it till then. A question for anybody who's ordered one - what is the next step - will the dealer get a build date or is there something the dealer can ask for to get more info
Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Before your oder can even be submitted to GM your dealership must have an allocation to be able to order it.

Here are the codes for production. First the order must be approved by GM then the parts prepared for production then it must be accepted into production by the factory.
After that you get a build date:
Here are the codes
3000 Accept by Prod Control 2/16
2500 Preferenced 2/16
2000 Accepted by GM 2/16
1101 Preliminary Order Added 9/11
1100 Preliminary Order Accepted 9/11

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the replys, I understand that my dealership had allocations for the SS and that mine was to be one of their first deliveries, they told me today that the order had 'been accepted' by GM but they would know little else until they are given a build date...

·
Registered
6 Posts
ZX1100F1 said:
If you have an order number I can track it for you and give you a current update, but it appears that your dealer is being pretty honsest with you so far.
Where are you tracking this info? My dealership said 6-8 weeks as well, I ordered it on 3/4 and have heard nothing back. It's a very reputable dealership though, should I be worried?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quillus said:
Where are you tracking this info? My dealership said 6-8 weeks as well, I ordered it on 3/4 and have heard nothing back. It's a very reputable dealership though, should I be worried?
no, dont be worried. the dealership has no control on when they get the vehicle really...its up to gm as to when they accept the order and to when they build it. The dealership can tel you when GM has accepted it, but thats about it. and as far as my experience goes, gm is a SOB when it comes to getting orders approved. lazy mofos...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well.. I've ordered one, and I've been told that it should be shipping this week.. we'll see :) I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.. mine's Victory Red with Sunroof (which I'm pumped about :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Be very worried.

Quillus said:

I break into GM's computer room at night and track vehicle orders, Its kind of a hobby of mine and I don't know why I do it. :)

Order #????

·
Registered
23 Posts
wolfbyte said:
Hello, I'm new to the forum. Just ordered a new SS in Victory Red - hopefuly not "Write Me Up Red". Waiting for a build date, dealer says 6-8 weeks... hope my current car (160K 95 Maxima) makes it till then. A question for anybody who's ordered one - what is the next step - will the dealer get a build date or is there something the dealer can ask for to get more info
Thanks.
Yea... when i ordered mine in october.. i was told 3 months.. i ended up waiting 6 months for it (got it april 4th) and my battery just died yesterday.i have some sort of electrical problem and have to get it fixed now. and no.. the dealers have no idea when a biuld date will be. they wont know anything until they get the VIN number.. until then.. good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
raff said:
Well.. I've ordered one, and I've been told that it should be shipping this week.. we'll see :) I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.. mine's Victory Red with Sunroof (which I'm pumped about :)
mine to! mine has everything.. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts