Cobalts SS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm the new owner of a Black 2006 SS supercharged, Yellow Recaros and sunroof... currently with 60kms on it, so I decided to sign up here and say hello... I've already noticed a flaw in the passenger side yellow armrest, it's seperating from the door brace, I'll be sure to get that fixed right away! ;)

Pics to come!

Sean

·
Registered
251 Posts
Leafy said:
Well, I'm the new owner of a Black 2006 SS supercharged, Yellow Recaros and sunroof... currently with 60kms on it, so I decided to sign up here and say hello... I've already noticed a flaw in the passenger side yellow armrest, it's seperating from the door brace, I'll be sure to get that fixed right away! ;)

Pics to come!

Sean
Welcome to the site and the Cobalt family :D. As for the armrest I'd like to also welcome you to the family of "my material is peeling away on the passenger side door from the door handle" lol :). It was a problem on the '05 models and apparently still is on the '06...it's a fairly easy fix nothing big involved.

Where in Canada are you btw...I'm in London,ON.

Permafried-

·
Registered
364 Posts
im pretty sure you cant get yellow recaros. he probably thinks the normal seats are recaros. correct me if im wrong please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rocky said:
im pretty sure you cant get yellow recaros. he probably thinks the normal seats are recaros. correct me if im wrong please.
I'm possibly wrong, Yellow and black attack... they say SS on them.

I live just west of Edmonton, but was born in Ont. and The Leafs are my Hockey team! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome, I'm in Calgary
The Recardo seats actually say recardo on them...if your seats say SS only they are the base model seats

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CanadianSS said:
Welcome, I'm in Calgary
The Recardo seats actually say recardo on them...if your seats say SS only they are the base model seats
Thanks for setting me straight... I might just stretch the car's legs and take a spin to Calgary this Weekend, might see you around! ;)

Any break-in tips other than the obvious that anyone want to share?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Beat her up. Not literally, you don't have the dent resistant panels that the Redline has. But be sure to get on it in 2nd and 3rd gear. It'll help the rings seal and give your engine longer life and more power. Highway driving isn't exactly the best for breaking in a motor, but if you do some good 3rd gear pulls to redline and then slow back down (not using the brakes, that's very important) then that should help. Just make sure to give a few pulls to redline in 2nd and 3rd. 1st gear pulls aren't going to help much because they don't last long enough. They are fun though. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
See that is one thing that makes California better then other states, none of those lameass dealer stickers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice looking car...I really like the black when it's clean and shining...you might want to get that 43 off of your rim though lol :D. Again congrats on the new ride...as for breaking it in it's really not as huge of an issue anymore as it used to be (as Garbs pointed out to me when I asked about this on my LS :) ) so pretty much drive it like you want to. He's right in that highway driving is not the best way to break-in a vehicle, the reason they recommend you do NOT drive at constant RPMs all the time is typically in case you have a problem with lubrication as certain RPMs and you just happen to be driving in that range for a long period of time :).

Basically your manual lays out a couple things you shouldn't do so other than these everything else is fair game :D. I can't remember exactly what page it's on...I went the route of waiting until nearly 5000km before finally opening up my LS and I don't seem to be having any problems with the car whatsoever.

Permafried-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wasey13 said:
See that is one thing that makes California better then other states, none of those lameass dealer stickers.
well, I'm not in a State, but the dealer stickers still reside... I forogt to tell them I didn't want it on there, I'll get it removed sometime soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
leafy,
Your boost will most likely be lower than the norm (80 Kpa) for the first couple thousand KM, don't worry it will come back up after your engine breaks in a bit, mine took about 3500 km before showing 80 kpa. Let me know if your heading down to calgary, I know some people with acuras and hondas we can beat up on (local drag) :rolleyes: :D
take it easy

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey, I live in Edmonton as well and am also from Ontairio (Go leafs Go lol) pm me, maybe well go for a cruse some night

·
Registered
24 Posts
Leafy said:

Pics to come!

Sean
Hey can someone set me straight, are they still selling the different color interiors on the SS to match the exterior like they did in 2005? My 2006 SS/SC has all black interior with black leather and SS stitched on them.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
06_Supercharged said:
Hey can someone set me straight, are they still selling the different color interiors on the SS to match the exterior like they did in 2005? My 2006 SS/SC has all black interior with black leather and SS stitched on them.
Yes you can, it goes like so....
wasey13 said:
On the black and silver SS's you could order any color insert you wanted, whether it be red,blue,yellow, or black. Red cars only get red or black interiors, blue cars only get blue or black interiors, and yellow only gets yellow or black interiors. Orange only comes in the black interior. Also to add the only way to get the G85 (performence package) is to order it with the black interior.

·
Registered
137 Posts
CanadianSS said:
Welcome, I'm in Calgary
Are you saying these are Recardo seats? Ricky Recardo or Recardo Montalban?? Wasnt that "Rich Corinthian Leather"? wwwaaahhhhhhh:p
WOT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts