190 Posts
love the hood but i hate the spoiler that thing is ugly

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1namillion said:
love the hood but i hate the spoiler that thing is ugly
I respect your opinion! But to me personally it looks much cleaner and follows the lines of the car better than the Extremely hideous looking stock spoiler. The standard spoiler to me both A) Blocks rear vision B) Rattles up in down in the wind (look in your rearview when driving you can see it flapping around). The spoiler is not wide enough from the back of the vehicle which is what really makes the car look goofy.

The standard ss/sc spoiler is one of the worst design ideas GM had lately, the car itself has great lines and the stock spoiler ruins them and makes it look like a childs toy.

Again just my opinion!! I understand everyone likes their car a different way that's what makes car modding fun!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i hate the stock spoiler too, but i really don't like the rk 3 piece much better. i dislike how it wraps around the sides, it seems to conflict with the rising line of the car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love the spoiler. Think it follow's the lines great. With the upwards slope of the car from front to rear and the spoiler just continues it. Its the next thing on my list after the Clear image header.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Brandon2.4 said:
I love the spoiler. Think it follow's the lines great. With the upwards slope of the car from front to rear and the spoiler just continues it. Its the next thing on my list after the Clear image header.
not really, here take a look.

see how the black arrow and white arrow have different slopes? the spoiler slope is too steep so it converges with the slope of the car weird. if it was a more subtle slope to meet the slope of the line of the car it would look nicer.

i also dislike how huge it looks from the rear. illustrated by the blue arror, it looks like it's angled up too high. they really should have given it a more subtle angle.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Who makes that hood for you guys? They need to make something like that for the RL's

sick ride by the way!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I still think that is the best looking spoiler on the market for you guys. A huge improvement over the stock one IMHO, which I guess is why mine looks almost exactly like yours, just something I like. Keep up the work on the modified-yet-clean look. You're doin great so far.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mercury said:
:( I am sad to hear that you will be getting those ebay projectors.... :(

I got em, and I think they look pretty good with black--but for his red car I would have to recommend the silver ones, if any at all. :)

Though I do have to admit, the dealership couldn't get them aimed quite right...grrrrrrr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear you guys, I haven't orderered anything yet. Thanks for the feedback I was curious how the actual quality of the product was. It helped alot thanks. I would open and paint mine but Im worried about damaging my lights and also worried about them not sealing perfect and "fogging" up when cold or wet.

I wish someone would make a quality black headlight for our vehicles.

My new wheels will be black with a polished lip, hence the reason for me wanting to go with black headlights, and dark window tint.

Thanks again for the incite!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts