Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard about something that help the cold air intake. I guess it is supposed to super cool the air going in to the intake. I mean I know it would go through the intercooler,but I heard it was stored in a tank in the trunk. Is this true and if so how is it installed. Also because it super cools the air it is supposed to up your horse power.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have heard about something that help the cold air intake. I guess it is supposed to super cool the air going in to the intake. I mean I know it would go through the intercooler,but I heard it was stored in a tank in the trunk. Is this true and if so how is it installed. Also because it super cools the air it is supposed to up your horse power.
It is not nitrogen... it is a mixture of Methanol Alcohol and Water...

It DOES NOT gain you power by super cooling the air.

It gains you power by allowing you to run more spark timing due to the Alcohol's "high octane property"...

The water does cool the air charge... but that is not where the power comes from.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If he is talking about nitrous, then shooting it directly ON the intercooler and not THROUGH it would work ok. Ive heard of people doing this and it working great.

There IS a risk of the intercooler cracking if the nozzle isn't positioned just right. The extreme change in temperature is not good for metal.

Never heard it called Nitrogen though, lol

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
lol it would be cheaper to use C02 for your intercooler. and i wouldnt want all those gases next to my hot ass car. Something might go boom. If you want the kit for the intercooler sprayer google DEI Cryo Kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts