Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed recently that i dotn get any boost when im in first gear, once i shift into second i get boost. should i bring her in to get fixed? do u guys get boost in 1st?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T/C it just stays at 0 the whole time. even when i hit around like 5k rpms. oh yeah and btw, just got back from dealer getting my snow tires put on, and not it started snowing ^_^

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i am. i asked my neighbor who is the head mechanic at my dealer and he said that he wasnt sure but a corvette came in with that problem and it was just that he needed to be at real high rpms to get boost in first

·
1,087 Posts
A question is, do you put the pedal to the floor or do you just give it half thr***le??

And you got to remember, turbos have to spool up after a certain RPM, with sufficient thr***le. So if you are just launching your car regularly and letting the RPMs touch 5k, then I would see your problem. My boost does NOT kick in unless I give it a little more than half thr***le and I have a supercharger. Of course on the higher gears, I have to get on it less to see boost but its that way on first too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the 2010 cobalt and mine doesnt have boost either in first. not like it needs it or anything, i don't think its a problem. all my other gears register the boost

·
Registered
93 Posts
I seem to remember my car boosting in 1st before the tune. Im pretty sure it
did cause i seem to remember trying out the liftless shifting from first to second and watching the change in boost between gears.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The engine will not boost if the vehicle is sitting still. If your launching the car it will not produce boost untill you start moving. It is a safety precaution so you dont blow the motor at idle or when launcing the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts