Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 g5 2.2 (same exact engine as cobalt) 5 speed. I had to put a new motor in and it won't crank or try to start. All fuses are good. All power and grounds are clean. Yet all accessories work just fine. Any ideas? I even tried to jump solenoid on starter

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to get a to get a Tec II Bi-directional scanner and program your BCM or if it's a junkyard motor ask for the BCM out of the donor car that motor was in. You can also have it towed to your local GM dealer an pay & arm and a leg for a dealer to do it. Had the same problem when I built mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't pay dealer prices. I'll see if I can swap out bcms and if it works great if not I'll just sell it cause I'm tires of tinkering and putting money into it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 08 g5 2.2 (same exact engine as cobalt) 5 speed. I had to put a new motor in and it won't crank or try to start. All fuses are good. All power and grounds are clean. Yet all accessories work just fine. Any ideas? I even tried to jump solenoid on starter
if u have a lock on your dash you need a new program or probaly ign swicth,but first do a relearn on our ecm it doenst reconize the new motor had same problem look up relearn on g6 good utube on that its like turn the ke on for 10min turn off for 4 secs repeat 4 times on the 4th one start our car an drive you still will need a sterring relearn to which cost 100 bucks an you will b fine make sure u here your fuel pump com on check that a few times have somone listen in the gas tank whit cap out while u cycle the key on an off if you dont hear anthing then you almost found your problem make sure your getn fuel spark

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to get a to get a Tec II Bi-directional scanner and program your BCM or if it's a junkyard motor ask for the BCM out of the donor car that motor was in. You can also have it towed to your local GM dealer an pay & arm and a leg for a dealer to do it. Had the same problem when I built mine.
The motor has no computer on it just sensors the engine control module don’t care it new or old , 30 years gm dealer do you have power to starter ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have power to main wire in starter ,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts