Cobalts SS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chevy is no longer making arival blue...they are going to lazer blue which is the purple color you might have seen on the equinoxes...bad chocie on chevy's part but maybe it will look good...but prolly not

so...i changed my order from black to blue i guess very few 2006 cobalts will be this color and mine will be one :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
I like that color a lot, even the blue on the equinoxes. I actually love the one on the SUV, nice and deep but still bright enough to stand out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
IrepCLEVO said:
chevy is no longer making arival blue...they are going to lazer blue which is the purple color you might have seen on the equinoxes...bad chocie on chevy's part but maybe it will look good...but prolly not

so...i changed my order from black to blue i guess very few 2006 cobalts will be this color and mine will be one :p
Arrival blue is still going to be available on the Cobalts until later this year (sometime in December I think I read) when they will replace it with the Laser. Since your car was already ordered you could have more than likely ended up with the Arrival blue. As for the laser, I don't want to pre-judge since I haven't seen it on a Cobalt yet but I have a feeling it's not going to match the feel of the car...all other Chevys it's been put on are larger vehicles and it might take away from the sport look of the Cobalts. Guess I'll find out if I'm wrong come '06 :).

Permafried-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Dan Richards said:
Should be this color - Lazer Blue Metallic. Not purple.


As opposed to Arrival Blue Metallic...

Oh yea... I can reaaaalllyyy see the difference! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
So I orderd a color that might not be available?
Interesting. I'm wondering why my dealer has informed me of absolutely nothing about this........
I picked Arrival based on the color sample there at the dealership. Have to confess that I've never seen it on a car.
If the Laser blue is darker, that's fine with me.
Still puzzled how this info gets out.......
Next it will be the limited slip diff that isn't available. And then the order will be cancelled.
Give me the limited slip, or give me some other car.
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
498Nova said:
So I orderd a color that might not be available?
Interesting. I'm wondering why my dealer has informed me of absolutely nothing about this........
I picked Arrival based on the color sample there at the dealership. Have to confess that I've never seen it on a car.
If the Laser blue is darker, that's fine with me.
Still puzzled how this info gets out.......
Next it will be the limited slip diff that isn't available. And then the order will be cancelled.
Give me the limited slip, or give me some other car.
Ron
if you ordered it on the car you will get it on the car when made unavaliable they will take it off the online ordering forms
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
498Nova said:
Still puzzled how this info gets out.......
i work at a chevy dealership
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I have the order in front of me. The color choice was hand written on the front page. There was not a "color" box to check. At least not on the paperwork I have here.
I suppose I ought to request a copy of the actual order sheet.
At least G85(perf pkg) and U2K(XM radio) were listed.

Can anyone here post the 2 colors side by side?

Thanks,

Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
i have a arrival blue cobalt.... does this mean when i need my bumper or any thing painted, that means im out of luck? and cant get it painted arrival blue?



_________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Florida 76 said:
i have a arrival blue cobalt.... does this mean when i need my bumper or any thing painted, that means im out of luck? and cant get it painted arrival blue?



_________
the paint will still be available to buy they just wont be painting any cars that color. im not sure when they got rid of indigo blue i thin 02 was the last year but when i had my truck i had a roll pan put on about a year ago and they used the factory gm paint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
First off I'm in Canada and I ordered my 06 on july 24 and they just sent the order back due to there is no more Blue....oh well went with all Black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Thats a shame, it was such a sexy blue too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Arrival blue was available for orders placed up to the August 4th ordering cycle. All orders placed by then as arrival blue will be arrival blue.
Rob
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top