Cobalts SS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we ddn't get to really race but it was rather funny.

driving down the freeway and this guy in an rsx-s gets on my ass and tails me for a little ways. i jump in the other lane trying to get him to get beside me but he didn't. i figured he just got his car and never raced anyone yet so i jump in the other lane and slow down and he gets behind me again. i was like WTF man? so i dropped in third going about 65 or so and took off, he tried to keep up but couldn't. i got bored and jumped on the lane to take my exit.

coming around the exit ramp to the other interstate we got stuck behind a semi going like 30-40. i look back and there's a car in between me and the rsx-s and the rsx guy keeps driving on the left line to see where i'm at i guess. we come up on the opening and i'm cruisin in third at 40 and he jumps from the on-ramp to the far left lane and his engine was screamin... he just wasn't going anywhere lol. he passed me, was about 50 feet in front and i gunned it. i ran up on his ass, and had to hit the brakes, i looked around his car and there was a debadged redline right in front of him. so the little rsx was sandwiched between a cobalt ss and a redline lol

i jumped around the rsx to the redline, the redline dude honked and we took off, the rsx guy tried to hang but when we hit 100, he kept flashing his brights at us, no idea what he was doing. me and the redline hit about 110 or so before we both slowed, we were neck and neck too... i had about a 1/2 car on him but i also jumped a split second before he did so i would say it was pretty dead even.

only thing i can think of is the dude in the rsx was trying to kill us with a deathray (his brights) :lol:

it was a rather funny situation

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
nice, personally, i hate the rsx, i was never a fan of hatchback cars. also, the owners think they're so hardcore cuz it's an acura. i raced one the 3rd day i got my ss. a type s pulled up next to me at a light and i had my windows down. he turned and asked me how much hp, i had from the factory, and when i started to answer the light turned green and he gunned it before i even noticed. i put it in first and floored it, got right next to him, and then he started merging into my lane since his was ending and i had to hit the breaks. all i could think of was that was a really dick move, and i bet he was all "i killed a cobalt ss today, had him by like 8 car lengths".

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
selfinfliction said:
we ddn't get to really race but it was rather funny.

driving down the freeway and this guy in an rsx-s gets on my ass and tails me for a little ways. i jump in the other lane trying to get him to get beside me but he didn't. i figured he just got his car and never raced anyone yet so i jump in the other lane and slow down and he gets behind me again. i was like WTF man? so i dropped in third going about 65 or so and took off, he tried to keep up but couldn't. i got bored and jumped on the lane to take my exit.

coming around the exit ramp to the other interstate we got stuck behind a semi going like 30-40. i look back and there's a car in between me and the rsx-s and the rsx guy keeps driving on the left line to see where i'm at i guess. we come up on the opening and i'm cruisin in third at 40 and he jumps from the on-ramp to the far left lane and his engine was screamin... he just wasn't going anywhere lol. he passed me, was about 50 feet in front and i gunned it. i ran up on his ass, and had to hit the brakes, i looked around his car and there was a debadged redline right in front of him. so the little rsx was sandwiched between a cobalt ss and a redline lol

i jumped around the rsx to the redline, the redline dude honked and we took off, the rsx guy tried to hang but when we hit 100, he kept flashing his brights at us, no idea what he was doing. me and the redline hit about 110 or so before we both slowed, we were neck and neck too... i had about a 1/2 car on him but i also jumped a split second before he did so i would say it was pretty dead even.

only thing i can think of is the dude in the rsx was trying to kill us with a deathray (his brights) :lol:

it was a rather funny situation
Supercharged sandwich..... LOL HAHAHAHA...

But yeah was very funny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Rsx-s can't keep up with our cars... I got a 04 Ion Redline, had my brother in the car with me, also loaded down with about 150 newspapers each about a 1-1/2 inches thick. 4 in the morn when I raced one. Off the line at a light, pulled at least 2 car lengths ahead of him... he was by himself in his car. Gave me the thumbs up at the next red light too... was pretty cool about it.
~skyscreamer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, in all fairness to the rsx-s, it can keep up with a Tiburon GT and a Mini Cooper S. :D Those cars are a joke, and it's funny how their owners always seem to think they are such high performance machines. It's pretty pathetic that you have to wind the piss out of those cars just to hang with grandpa in his Buick. Those cars are all noise and no speed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
in know the mini cooper s is pretty slow in an automatic. with the 6 speed its a lot faster.

·
Registered
118 Posts
iso said:
nice, personally, i hate the rsx, i was never a fan of hatchback cars. also, the owners think they're so hardcore cuz it's an acura. i raced one the 3rd day i got my ss. a type s pulled up next to me at a light and i had my windows down. he turned and asked me how much hp, i had from the factory, and when i started to answer the light turned green and he gunned it before i even noticed. i put it in first and floored it, got right next to him, and then he started merging into my lane since his was ending and i had to hit the breaks. all i could think of was that was a really dick move, and i bet he was all "i killed a cobalt ss today, had him by like 8 car lengths".
STOP!
Not all RSX owners are like you think they are - I owned a RSX Type S (traded for a SRT4) & always had respect for others out there (still do for the most part). Addittionally, their build quality is superior to CSS, SRT4 AND Ion RL, not to mention they hold their resale value like crazy! And everyone talks up their 'wins' - don't know how many times I have seen on these forums 'beat a WS6 by 6 car lengths' or 'beat a SRT4 by a bus lengths' w/o any proof or even another witness to it. You are mad just because he was paying attention when the light turned green & he was not going to run his car in a lane that ends just so you could say "I beat a RSX!". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
118 Posts
RedBull said:
Well, in all fairness to the rsx-s, it can keep up with a Tiburon GT and a Mini Cooper S. :D Those cars are a joke, and it's funny how their owners always seem to think they are such high performance machines. It's pretty pathetic that you have to wind the piss out of those cars just to hang with grandpa in his Buick. Those cars are all noise and no speed.
Just because the mini looks like a goof ball car from across the pond, doesn't mean it is a bad car. They handle very well & with just minor adjustment, they can be pretty evil on the street

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
connermt said:
STOP!
Not all RSX owners are like you think they are - I owned a RSX Type S (traded for a SRT4) & always had respect for others out there (still do for the most part). Addittionally, their build quality is superior to CSS, SRT4 AND Ion RL, not to mention they hold their resale value like crazy! And everyone talks up their 'wins' - don't know how many times I have seen on these forums 'beat a WS6 by 6 car lengths' or 'beat a SRT4 by a bus lengths' w/o any proof or even another witness to it. You are mad just because he was paying attention when the light turned green & he was not going to run his car in a lane that ends just so you could say "I beat a RSX!". :rolleyes:
he asked me a question about my car.. and i thought hey here's an rsx owner that's not a dick. and then when i went to answer he just gunned it. i caught back up with him pretty quick and would have overtaken him if it weren't for him cutting me off. so, i would have beat him. only i would have done it fairly considering he went before me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
iso said:
he asked me a question about my car.. and i thought hey here's an rsx owner that's not a dick. and then when i went to answer he just gunned it. i caught back up with him pretty quick and would have overtaken him if it weren't for him cutting me off. so, i would have beat him. only i would have done it fairly considering he went before me.
:rolleyes:
Why did you took it so personally or seriouslly? Did he cut you off so bad you almost wrecked? Dang stupid drivers in Columbus do it here all the time just because they are bad drivers!
What did you do after he got in front of you?
So this guy got one over on you - "fair" or not
big deal
I am sure you have never done anything like that...
;)
How many mile did you have on the car when you raced him on the 3rd day? Don't you guys have break in periods where you shouldn't be driving it hard?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts