Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i raced one of those new elipse, we stayed even. I was really impressed. They were rumored to be really slow, and now that i have seen one in person (black) it was really sharp looking. Best of all he said the SS did better then the SRT-4

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
JMac88 said:
So i raced one of those new elipse, we stayed even. I was really impressed. They were rumored to be really slow, and now that i have seen one in person (black) it was really sharp looking. Best of all he said the SS did better then the SRT-4

so i'm guessing you raced the v6 and i raced the handicapped brother? lol

nice to hear the one i went against wasn't the v6, cause that would have been truly sad

·
Registered
47 Posts
See, I new a the GT would be much closer than the retarded half brother. They may be heavy but they have a decent engine with good HP and even more torque.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yea the V6 isn't one to play with, but whateva... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
JMac88 said:
so he said his eclipse raced an srt4 and he pulled on it? :confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mitsu really did a number on it's next gen eclipse. You'd think they would learn from their garbage third gen, but they didn't. As far as I'm concearned, the eclipse is a waste of metal. No AWD or turbo 4G63 = lame.

·
Registered
20 Posts
JMac88 said:
um the srt-4 he raced couldn't drive. It would have pulled on the new eclipse. good race btw they are putting down some respectable numbers.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would like to road test one... I'll do that on Thurs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
either the guy wasl ieing about beating the srt, or the srt had somethign wrong with it, or didn't have a right hand and had to use a stub to shift and even in the 3rd sceneario the srt should of won.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't understand why you SRT4 guys think it is not possible for the Eclipse GT can give you a run stock for stock? I believe it is very possible. I've that a GT can manage a 14.2. Why is this not enough to hang, it's right in the range for quarter times so yes it is possible. Your cars aren't world betters. Yes, I have raced several SRT4 and only lost to 1! The other 2 I raced, one I pulled on, the other I stayed even with. You guys need to give up this attitude! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
SS4ME said:
I don't understand why you SRT4 guys think it is not possible for the Eclipse GT can give you a run stock for stock? I believe it is very possible. I've that a GT can manage a 14.2. Why is this not enough to hang, it's right in the range for quarter times so yes it is possible. Your cars aren't world betters. Yes, I have raced several SRT4 and only lost to 1! The other 2 I raced, one I pulled on, the other I stayed even with. You guys need to give up this attitude! :rolleyes:
not all of us have "this" attitude.

we are the ones you need to watch out for tho. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
SS4ME said:
Magazine racing are we? I bet you would lose to me if we met on the street, but that's neither here nor there.

Seriously though, this new gen eclipse (like the last gen) is slow and garbage.

·
Registered
261 Posts
raven said:
Magazine racing are we? I bet you would lose to me if we met on the street, but that's neither here nor there.

Seriously though, this new gen eclipse (like the last gen) is slow and garbage.
I would have to bet you never drove one have you? Yet you can make a claim that is garbage and slow. Get a clue!

·
Registered
29 Posts
htey trap over 100mph+ so maybe their top end is better who knows but it certainly is not slow if you think .3 sec slower than your srt-4 is slow than your car is slow too.!! i bet you a gt owner will get mid-high 13's just like the srt-4. you are a dork. not bahsing srt-4 i love em just on this guy!

·
Registered
259 Posts
i hate to say it but the new eclipse is slow.. and i have drove one.. wasn't impressed at all. and wouldn't recommend it to anyone as a performance platform

·
Registered
101 Posts
SUN_SPEC-V_04' said:
htey trap over 100mph+ so maybe their top end is better who knows but it certainly is not slow if you think .3 sec slower than your srt-4 is slow than your car is slow too.!! i bet you a gt owner will get mid-high 13's just like the srt-4. you are a dork. not bahsing srt-4 i love em just on this guy!
A near half second on a magazine is a noticeable difference, I've seen a few stock SRTs around here run 13.8s and better.

Besides I'm a full second faster than that time you posted anyway so don't compare a GT to "my" car, compare it to a stock SRT.

SRT4 and SS > GT anyday all day

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well,
I raced a srt-4 with my colbalt SS and passed him in second gear off the lights.
We sat at the pub after and he could not believe it either...I guess the guy just couldn't shift, or maybe to much turbo lag between gears, while my tires were spinning into second...nothing from the srt-4

1 - 20 of 36 Posts