Votes: 55 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Well to all after reading one thread we may not want to have this tread due to Saturn turning down some warrantes. So i will not post if i race anyone unless at the track but that might not be for a wile. :(

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511

·
Registered
140 Posts
that does suck but still.. reading some killz posts will make me want this car even more! I wanna see more race vids posted.. a SS eatn' some rice!

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
castrol said:
You guys have no idea what you are in for... head over to the www.redlineforums.com
and see what all you missed today. Some of the posts were deleted... some closed, but
there are still a few out there...

Hey! We are a lovely group of people and you know it! :mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
war stories brought the masses to srtforums, both good and bad.

it was fun for a while, then it got crazy, but all in all, I would have to
say it's definitely beneficial to the web site.

·
Registered
261 Posts
DanM said:
I think that's pretty silly logic. People get raped sometimes despite our efforts, so we may as well just make it legal? People sell drugs anyway, so let's just legalize crack too?

I know those are a lot more serious, but it's the exact same logic. For the record, I belong to several other forums that don't want to promote street racing. When someone posts about it, they're kindly advised that that type of thing isn't approved of there, and to take it to the track.

I dunno. Obviously not everyone agrees with me, and that's fine. I'm just trying to provide a different viewpoint. Instead of encouraging street racing, I think you can encourage people to take it to the track, and race in the safe & proper way.
Are you trying to say you never get in a tussle on the streets Z06 man? I say go for it on the war stories. You can't stop what can't be stopped!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
i vote no. street racing is not cool. this section in other forums always turn out ugly and most people lie about their encounters. it will most likely get passed so you will find out eventually.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Street racing is not my thing, I don't have the right to put others at risk, but go ahead, promote it on the forum.

May I also suggest a "Man! Was I ever wasted on the way home last night!" forum. It would be just as good to hear about how someone nearly killed some kids on a corner or sideswiped a car and took off.

Action, drama, the thrill of illegal behavior.

Before you laugh it off, I would bet a considerable pile of money that more people are hurt/killed (as a percentage of the number of races) because of street racers than by drunk drivers (percentage of drunk drivers).

Almost all of you will grow up and regret racing eventually, so go ahead and mock me. I truly hope you never hurt somebody else and have to live with it.

Someday, you will know I was right. When you grow up, I look forward to running with you on the track.

·
Registered
376 Posts
DigDug said:
Street racing is not my thing, I don't have the right to put others at risk, but go ahead, promote it on the forum.

May I also suggest a "Man! Was I ever wasted on the way home last night!" forum. It would be just as good to hear about how someone nearly killed some kids on a corner or sideswiped a car and took off.

Action, drama, the thrill of illegal behavior.

Before you laugh it off, I would bet a considerable pile of money that more people are hurt/killed (as a percentage of the number of races) because of street racers than by drunk drivers (percentage of drunk drivers).

Almost all of you will grow up and regret racing eventually, so go ahead and mock me. I truly hope you never hurt somebody else and have to live with it.

Someday, you will know I was right. When you grow up, I look forward to running with you on the track.
i agree w/ you 100%.

instead of making a section about ILLEGAL street racing why not make one for LEGAL track discussion? once you grow up and go past your F&F stage you will see that tracks are alot more fun and safer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you have looked at srt forums their war stories section does suck and for all you know everyone on there is lieing so you should just get videos, cuz i for one dont believe anyone who just says stuff like that

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's nice to join an association like NASA so you can race and go as fast as you want and not worry about injuring innocent people and looking out for cops. :) NASA does things such as Auto-X and Time Trials and HPDE where you can drive on courses like Road Atlanta, VIR, Laguna Seca, yall should check it out Sometime. http://www.nasaproracing.com

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I say yes because every forum should have one. It creates more traffic.

Plus, we wouldn't want our 'oh so lovely' mods to just sit back and post whore all day, would we? Lets make them work and keep the war stories section in order!!!!

LOLOLOL!!!:D:D:D:D:D

21 - 40 of 42 Posts