Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever done thier own oil change on Supercharge Cobolts. I did a search on the sight and couldn't find anything reguarding this.

It looks like to me you have to remove the blower to be able to get the oil filter cartridge out. I couldn't find a way to get my hands anywhere near it to lift it out. :eek:

How much have you people been paying for oil changes? I hate having other people touch my cars :mad:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
You can get a "socket" to be able to change the filter. (try EBAY) Only costs me $20 to get mine changed, but of course I buy the oil, and use their filter. (AC Delco)

·
Registered
478 Posts
you can do it your self,

get a BIG socket to remove the cap on oil filter, no you dont have to remove the blower.

pull out the filer, drain all the oil, put in new filter, fill with 6.5qt's of oil, run for about 5min to let the oil system comsume its amount for the oil sprayer lines, and filter compartment then add a small amount of oil as needed.

normaly i think full synthetic chages are like 60, and yea you MUST use a mobil 1 or something like that

·
Registered
478 Posts
PS...wear in SE MI are you?

check out our local forum in my sig.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've done it on the LSJ at least 20times I just use a 1-1/4 socket for the canister its prob really metric but your only useing 15ft/lbs so you cant really mess it up. Anyway put socket in your hand put it under the blower and put the socket on the canister. Then take an extension bar and look from the top put it on the socket then you can loosen it up and pull the socket out. Then I stick my hand back under the blower lift and lift the cainster out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys must have some small hands and skinny arms. I see how I can get to the filter cover with a socket and extension, but I can't get my arm in between the radiator and blower.

I'll put some grease on my arm and give in the old collage try.....

Steven

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
(sarcastic) Just remember to fill the oil up to the top of the engine, til you can just see it from looking in the fill hole!!!! LOL :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts