Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I called the place where I got my car from..and they told me that I SHOULD have a block heater in there...Well only thing..I CANT FIND IT!!

DO they have it tucked under something..or what..haha..:rolleyes:

Does anyone know where I can look..lol..Thanks for the help! ;)

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
look at your mso sticker that was on your car when you bought it. if, on the right hand side of that sticker there is no block heater added with a price, it does not have it. all options on your car would be on that sticker. hope this helps, but i doubt it is on there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already did check both..and None have anything to do with block heater.

So that is why I called the dealer today..and they told me that it should have one...I'm just wondering where????

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
the block heater is not a standard feature on the cobalt, so if it is not on the mso sticker, it is not on the car. i'm sorry, but having a guy tell you it should have one means nothing. if it's not on the new car sticker, it isn't there. i used to sell chevy's and this is one thing i know for sure.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
and the plug for it is usually behind the headlights and up front near the fender, but again, i'm sorry, but i doubt you have one. the only vehicles that have them standard are duramax diesels.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
who are you talking about the glow plugs?
the engine block heaters are like a blanket that wraps around the block it self. its an accessory for some of the SUV's but not the cobalt. factory option only. you all are right its not a standard option on the vehicle. the only way i see them ordering the car with it is if you live where it constantly snows imo.

but basicly, it would be a blanket around the block. if you can see the block, you dont have one.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
in colder climates, yes i'm sure they are options, i was just trying to say that if isn't on the mso, it doesn't have it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
True story, I sell Chevys in WA, or at least I did up until last week. If it isn't listed on the window sticker, its not on the car. I've been selling cars for a couple years and I have never seen a case where there was something on the car that wasn't listed on the sticker. Usually, the manufacturers are pretty good at including everything on the list. Also, I think the block heater is a dealer installed option in colder climates, but not from GM. As far as I know anyways. The product knowledge paperwork and books I've read on the cobalt are the same ones that are distributed nationwide, and none of them say anything about a block heater as an option.

Also, usually the block heater isn't a blanket, because that would interfere with your engine temp during the warm season. IMO, I think IF it had a block heater, it would be a heating element that was tapped into the block in the water jacket somewhere, to keep the water from freezing inside the block, which is the primary purpose of a block heater, to keep the block warm with warm water. As far as I know anyways.

Sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts