Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think they should have styled the back of the 4 door SS similar to the 2 door. coupe. I just think that light set up is more sporty. Those new Lancer Evos look pretty bad ass! If I had a kid on the way and felt I needed to buy an actual 4 door I would probably have to get one of those.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Oh for sure. Can't blame you. For what you pay for a Cobalt I don't think there is another car that really would compare to it that I would rather have. I love owning a newer car at the age of 20 than even my dad. He's got me beat on quality though, he's got an Explorer Limited.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The new Evos are crap.

Evo VIII is way better.... :)

But the Cobalt SS/SC was close to the performance of the new Evo in the first place. The new Cobalt SS/TC is better in my sense because the new one has too high of a center of gravity. Good power but it is sluggish.... 14 seconds in the quarter compared to the VIII is a mid 13 second car out the box.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Like I said, all cars mentioned are great but unfortunately they made the new Evos some slowpokes:)

Cool cars again. Gotta SS/SC and loving it too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i m about to buy an 09 4 door SS in black with the limited slip...how do you like yours? and thing you don't think about it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your also talking AWD vs FWD. And the electronics in the EVO X is just crazy. That car blows me away, and it looks like it just wants to jump out on you if you see one in your rear view. And Its also 291BHP vs our 260BHP. But in Cdn the Evo is going for about 52k after taxes and what not, I got an amazing deal on my 08 SS for 20,000 after taxes. So if you wanna spend the money why not go big and awd, but if you want power and preference for less the cobalt is your choice. No car beats the performance to price tag ratio then the SS/TC

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love the color of the car (i got a white one as well but 2 door) , and yea having a four door is the way to go with a baby not too bad with a two door when they get a little older but i am sure if you didnt go for a 4 door you would be suffering from serious back pain... example, getting the car seat in and out of the back, pain the butt.... Congrats on both of the babies :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts