Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend keeps talking some shit, heres the deal, hes got a 99 ford contour SE NOT SVT and so far has nothing moddified under the hood. He is asking his forum " how can i blow the doors off my friends SS/SC " i need to know if i have anything to worry about haha

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
why would you have to worry?
those things are slow!!!!
just try to race your buddy for $ and see what happens

they might back off and give the credit your car deserves

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
lol let him get you on the line then DESTROY!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
what would be even funnier is if you just kinda sandbagged and let him keep up, then be like, next run is for $50. then smoke him like a philly blunt!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
lol that seems like a mustang move, or anybody with a powerful V8

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
just don't stall on the line. well, you might have time to restart and catch him. if they weren't svt's, those cars were pigs. my buddy had a tricked out svt that would have given us a lot of trouble, but stock se, wow, they suck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i found this on consumer reports:

Smooth, responsive, and lively in acceleration, the 170-horsepower V6 is more than adequate for all ordinary driving situations. During testing, a V6 Contour accelerated to 60 mph in 9.3 seconds.

a stock base model cobalt will RAPE his car... an ss/sc will just embarass the hell out of him...

·
Registered
784 Posts

Smooth, responsive, and lively in acceleration, the 170-horsepower V6 is more than adequate for all ordinary driving situations. During testing, a V6 Contour accelerated to 60 mph in 9.3 seconds.

a stock base model cobalt will RAPE his car... an ss/sc will just embarass the hell out of him...
you need to tell him that his car sucks if anything he sounds insecure and jealous of your car but hustle the hell out of him telling his car is better blah blah and get some gas money out of the win.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

What?!? 170 hp V6? Holy hel, what is this car running off of? kerosene??? It is seriously weened from what it could do... hell, even the camaro v6 put out 200hp (3.8) series 2

·
Registered
98 Posts
guys, keep in mind we're talking about a lower trim Contour here... for real man, my grandmother has a contour... it's not exactly a "enthusiast" car...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I like the idea of keeping the first race clsoe them killing him when he fronts money. I had an 89 v6 Camaro RS (2.8 5spd) and did this to an Integra with a wires, intake, and a few other small mods. After 2 races he wanted to race for pinks. I killed him. Never saw him after that. I never got the car either since he ran away. Knowing how torqueless the Contour is I say build him up then destroy him.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
thats evil but very funny
do it that way and laugh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts