Cobalts SS banner

Do you like the look of this SS/SC with the flame design (similar to Hot Wheels)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my SS/SC. I want to get an opinion of the decal I put on it. If you guys and gals think it looks good I plan on getting it airbrushed onto the car. Kinda of hotwheels look. My wife thinks it is kinda of gay. I am undecided. she put it up to me to see what other people think so lets see what you think of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think its pretty sweet. Not to overbearing or anything like that, it grabs attention. I personally would've gone black and then tinted the windows to kinda get a theme going. Check out how it would look before you airbrush on there with different types of flames and see how it would look with the whole emblem surrounded and on FI YA! :p

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I actually think it is to long. Just a little to tacky!

When I get a chance tonight or some night this week, I will show you the flames that I think would look decent on it!

Oh, BTW, DON'T GET IT AIRBRUSHED! Why would you do that? Just keep it simple with a white vinyl or get a clear vinyl and get it airbrushed, or, if your willing, go to a graphics shop and get a thermal resin version of it!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hookdupdelsol said:
I actually think it is to long. Just a little to tacky!

When I get a chance tonight or some night this week, I will show you the flames that I think would look decent on it!

Oh, BTW, DON'T GET IT AIRBRUSHED! Why would you do that? Just keep it simple with a white vinyl or get a clear vinyl and get it airbrushed, or, if your willing, go to a graphics shop and get a thermal resin version of it!
On the car is a decal as you see it with custom cutting. I took it off right away after the pictures. I wanted a show car look. I feel decals are tacky. I am not familiar with thermal resin though. I will look into that.

Yeah your suggestions would be great.

BTW there is a poll at the top of this thread if you did not see.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i really dont know whether i like it or not......
like i like it and then i dont.....
maybe it just needs to be perfected......

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sean said:
i really dont know whether i like it or not......
like i like it and then i dont.....
maybe it just needs to be perfected......
Yea Im pretty much the same way. I guess its one of those things that has to grow on you...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blue04RedLine said:
I like the idea, but I think the length of the decal you had on it was a little too long for the size of the badging. Shorten it up and it should look pretty good.
That's good that is what I need to here. What do you think about 1/2 as long?

does anyone else agree?

·
Registered
492 Posts
ssnipes said:
That's good that is what I need to here. What do you think about 1/2 as long?

does anyone else agree?
I think about 1/4 as long would look the best. Something like this:

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
ssnipes said:
On the car is a decal as you see it with custom cutting. I took it off right away after the pictures. I wanted a show car look. I feel decals are tacky. I am not familiar with thermal resin though. I will look into that.

Yeah your suggestions would be great.

BTW there is a poll at the top of this thread if you did not see.
Ok well I was at the bar last night so no suggestions from there. HOPEFULLY tonight I can get you some. I have a library of over 100 different types of flames!

Thermal Resin is basically just vinyl with a print onto it. May not be a good option but something worth looking into!

Yea I know there is a poll, I voted before I posted the first time! You can see me under the no category!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
joedashow said:
Though the shorter flames look a lot better then the longer ones, I'm not sure I like them anyway. But then again, it's YOUR car, not your girlfriend's!
Its a good thing its not my girlfriends because my wife would kill me.

seriously now - I came up with the idea, asked her opinion and she said I dont like it. THen she said ask the guys on the forum. you see I married her because she is cool to be with and likes stuff like this. the fact that I think shes hot too is just a bonus (known her for 18 years, married for 12, now have 2 kids 4 and 6 YOA).

Back to the flame. the point of this is too see if it is worth doing. I dont just go out and do it like FOOSE because I am not gifted like him. just trying to set my car apart from others. thought this maybe a start. right now it looks like the flames are going to be put out. I would do it if E1 raved about it. but that is not the case. I appreciate everyones input and efforts though very much.

I had another IDEA. once I perfect it I will post it as well.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
if you like it, go for it... i agree with your wife that it's gay as hell, but you're the one that owns the car.... i would never ask for anyone else opinion on what i'm doing to my car, so i would never expect anyone else to take my input lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
you may not want to do this or may not have even thought of it, but.....

I would say that yes it is too long for the position,

I am not sure exactly how it would look... anyways here is my idea.

if you moved the SS badge to where it is on the 06 Cobalts.... towards the bottom of the door.... then maybe it would look better, who kows though, it is not exactly the easiest of things to undo if you do not like it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts