Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Fun Last Night At The Track In this Nice Little 5.3L V8 With The Automatic.

It was different to launch, but it was consistant and ran 15.1-15.2s all night, with a 2.260ft, trapping 90mph - 91mph.

We decided to get some night shots on the way home!

Not to many pics, but good enough!

Thanks Mom(LittleMT) For Letting me Drive Your Car Last night!

Gabriel

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
If only this image would have come out better:

The car didn't perform to bad when on considers the DA was above 8000ft when the track opened.

But it wound up be just a hair quicker then the Cobalt SS, which was a surprise to me, as the Monte runs away from the Cobalt from a dig.

Yet both cars posted similar times with identical traps, the altitude is hurting the LS4 more then the blown 2.0, at sea level or lower elevation, the LS4 will see more of its horsepower. This is a perfect example as to why I tell many that a forced induction engine via Supercharger or Turbo is the way to go if
you live at a higher altitude.

Often people post kill storys that shouldn't be, until one discovers they occured at a higher altitude where the forced induction engine runs stronger.

·
Registered
382 Posts
nice ride--i admit that thing looks good in white (though i'll never ever be a fan of the front ends of monte carlos...what was chevy thinking?!?) I freakin LOVE that night shot of the rear end though that your mother posted...very cool~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts