Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Colbalt sedan with 2.4L engine. 106K miles and the MIL came on with the subject DTC. I had the injectors and fuel filter changed in Dec 08. Mechanic stated now the injectors are fine, replaced the fuel filter again and told me to run premium for a few tanks to see if the code clears.

Any other ideas what can be wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P1174

No knocking, only the light came on. In December before the injectors were replaced, the car would shudder intermittently at highway speed. After the injectors were replaced the MPG improved significantly (29 before, now 34-35- I have a 60 mile freeway commute to work, so no city driving).

·
Registered
42 Posts
April 21, 2009 GM issued a service information bulliten for this complaint and dtc code. It was to replace the fuel injectors and reprogram the ECM with updated version. If these were not both done at the same time, the condition will re-occur. Check your reciept from when the injectors were replaced, injector part number should be #12625029. Also check to see if the PCM was reprogrammed.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dtc1174

Thanks for the info. The car is out of warranty, the injectors were replaced at a local shop. I will look into the service bulletin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts