Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided this weeked that I was going to do something on the SS...
So I decided to do my calipers.
First thing to do is go to your local auto store and pick up a Duplicolor Caliper Paint Kit. They come in several different colors to include a blue that is close to the color of the Cobalt blue SS.

Next, you need to jack up your vehicle and remove the rims... It really is best if you do at least two at a time because this paint sets up pretty fast.

Mask off everything you do not want painted. The paint flows pretty smooth so you don't have to be to picky.
In no time your calipers will look like this...

And this is with the rim back on..

Here is a before and after shot of the rear, which is a little bit more time consuming to do..

As I mentioned in the beggining about the different colors, don't be fooled by the box art. My friend that has a blue 350Z bought the blue kit that looked like this, which is much ligher...

But it actually came out looking like this...

All in all it it was fun doing it and adds a little more detail to the car. It was damn near dark by the time I finished, so I will try and get some pictures up of what it looks like sitting normal.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm out painting mine right now, waiting for them to dry to put the calipers back on. Pics coming soon :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KSE said:
They look pretty kool man. Are you plannign on getting some other wheels to expose them more?
Eventually I hope to, but right now I kind of like the stock rims :D .

clownhair said:
I'm out painting mine right now, waiting for them to dry to put the calipers back on. Pics coming soon :)
What color are you doing yours??? Duh! Never mind, I guess I will see when you post the pictures :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I want to paint mine tomorrow, I'm in upstate NY and its supposed to be like 55... think that'll be fine temperature wise for the paint to setup and dry fine?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nauticabri said:
I want to paint mine tomorrow, I'm in upstate NY and its supposed to be like 55... think that'll be fine temperature wise for the paint to setup and dry fine?
I would read the temp recommendation on the paint before I did anything.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It says 55-85

1 - 14 of 14 Posts