Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some plasticote high heat paint for this. It says it holds up to 1200 degrees. Check out the pics.. I think it looks pretty sweeeeeet!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
looks good, almost like it came that way, the paint doesn't shine too much, it's just right.

·
Registered
543 Posts
SoCal Redline said:
The rl only has one very small piece of shroud.
Yeah I was surprised at how much room was open under the hood of the redline, a plus for saturn for using less plastic.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Permafried- said:
And what would that purpose be besides hiding the plain metal engine lol? Where's my Ecotec badge :mad:!

Permafried-
I don't know if you are being serious or not. But the plastics are there to move air around the engine bay in a useful matter, also to keep idiots from tinkering with their cars. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
wasey13 said:
I don't know if you are being serious or not. But the plastics are there to move air around the engine bay in a useful matter, also to keep idiots from tinkering with their cars. :p
I knew it was there for reason #2 but I'm confused how plastic covering a heat source helps the air circulate around the engine bay more effectively. I would assume it would trap all the heat underneath as the plastic continually warms up...though come to think of it it's not all that warm to the touch when you turn the car off :p.

Permafried-

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Permafried- said:
I knew it was there for reason #2 but I'm confused how plastic covering a heat source helps the air circulate around the engine bay more effectively. I would assume it would trap all the heat underneath as the plastic continually warms up...though come to think of it it's not all that warm to the touch when you turn the car off :p.

Permafried-
Look how they are shaped. Some companies attach plastics to the hoods to move air around, others put them above the engine. It doesn't matter where they are located, the point is that they are moving/trapping air and sending/diverting it to where it needs to go(ie. wheels/brakes, radiator fan,intake, etc...)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts