Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also painted the bracket, because the silver color the calipers/bracket came in didn't look good with the red at all. I'll be doing the bracket portion in black tomorrow to offset the red.

I like this shot:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks very nice. I will be doing the same soon. What kind of paint did you use? Did you remove the calipers to paint them?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I bought the Duplicolor Caliper paint kit from Autozone (it was $15 I believe). I didn't remove the calipers at all, I just used the masking tape (it comes with it) to cover up anything I didn't want paint on, it was very easy! It took awhile though, I did three coats over a 24hr period making sure the paint had plenty of time to dry in between coats. Oh, they had several other colors, black, white, red and blue. I think anything other than red would look a little ricey...but that's MHO.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks for the info. I agree on the color thing. I wish gold was an option. Trying to get the Brembo look without the price. I'll probably go with red though. Red on red should look okay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey you really did a good job!!! Very impressed I think that I might do the same since you and I have the same SS. Did you do it your self?? Hey I got to say that the pic of the SS emblem Is pretty F***k'en Sweet. It's on my wallpaper now. Nice job. Laters

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys :) I think it's a nice visual touch up until some real performance brake kits come out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
is it possible to get that done on one weekend because i need my car to get to work. and i really want to do that to my black ss. let me know, thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
labelkills98 said:
is it possible to get that done on one weekend because i need my car to get to work. and i really want to do that to my black ss. let me know, thanks
yes, without a question... i did mine within the day and was driving it the very next day

you car looks amazing! i love the red with blue

·
Registered
107 Posts
what color would you suggest for a yellow ss

1 - 13 of 13 Posts