Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a how to on the .net forums for the grill if your interested....sorry but i spend most of my time there since they have more north carolina cobalts there. hope u guys like it...i love it

rims before with painted grill

rims after with grill ( i think it looks alot meaner this way..but some people dont agree....it looks efffin sexy in person tho)

theres a bumble bee in this pic over my rear rim...(he matches my car..lol)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
that's one giant ass bumble bee! lol. i'm impartial to the rims, i'm sure they look better in person then in pictures so i can't really judge em. i love the grill though. i like how you blacked out the center bar! got any more close up shots of the grill?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
iso said:
that's one giant ass bumble bee! lol. i'm impartial to the rims, i'm sure they look better in person then in pictures so i can't really judge em. i love the grill though. i like how you blacked out the center bar! got any more close up shots of the grill?

sure do...check it out
edit:..OH SHITTTT!!! BRO!!! i just happened to glance at your sig....DUDE you shaved your key hole on your trunk lid..thats hot..i was wonderin why it was so clean looking and then i realized what was missin...thats effin hot dude...looks so clean...i say lose the sc badge tho...just personal opinion

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
RYCobaltSS said:
sure do...check it out
edit:..OH SHITTTT!!! BRO!!! i just happened to glance at your sig....DUDE you shaved your key hole on your trunk lid..thats hot..i was wonderin why it was so clean looking and then i realized what was missin...thats effin hot dude...looks so clean...i say lose the sc badge tho...just personal opinion

that looks nice man, i love the way it opens the grill up. as for my sig... lol, it's a photoshop. but i will hopefully be going full shaved trunk this summer. fully debadged and shaved keyhole ;) . it's either that or carbon fiber trunklid partially painted. in which case the keyhole would have to stay since i can't mess with cf. i love the way the shaved keyhole looks though, that's why i originally did the chop, and then i made a sig out of the pic without realizing it. i like it though, so it's staying my sig :cool:

·
Registered
431 Posts
That looks sweet!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iso said:
that looks nice man, i love the way it opens the grill up. as for my sig... lol, it's a photoshop. but i will hopefully be going full shaved trunk this summer. fully debadged and shaved keyhole ;) . it's either that or carbon fiber trunklid partially painted. in which case the keyhole would have to stay since i can't mess with cf. i love the way the shaved keyhole looks though, that's why i originally did the chop, and then i made a sig out of the pic without realizing it. i like it though, so it's staying my sig :cool:
bwahahaha....had me fooled bro....but most deff if you stay stock deck lid shave it up....personally id go cf but thats just me im a cf freak

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am on the fence about the wheels (I'd prefer a lip) but the grill is a HUGE style improvement. On mine it wouldn't matter because it is black, so I chose the billet aluminum grill, but on yellow, that is really nice. Good job.

·
Registered
729 Posts
iso said:
I am working on that very same project. shaved trunk! the wing is off already for it was sold last night. I love driving now. I can see if a cop is behind me and I can fan out the side mirrors. the look it catching on to more than ever. Oh the antenna is going to be shaved too. and the final touch - Eibach sportlines. it is going to look sweet. pics will be coming soon on this victory red cobalt with ne look. Hope you dont mind if I paint the center grill like you did? that looks great. I will make the bow tie red as well! I think that would look great but if not I will paint it black as you did. thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sean said:
PS nice SS emblems too ;)

its nice to know that people can still notice the little things i do to make the car more unique to my name. also i think you said something about the grills being what our cars needed...i was really tryin to wait for someone else to do it b4 i did because i was really nervous about layin down some spraypaint on my baby....but i just couldnt wait...i had done a photoshop of it...actually it was a paint shop...ghetto photoshop...and it came out effin sexy..so i bought some paint and went to work the next day.

The Alex: You shouldve kept some part of it chrome to set off the fenders or at least give it some unique looking flare.

i actually tried this...it was how i origionaly wanted them to look but taping off that little tiny lip the rims have and keep it a perfect curve all the way around was going to take more than an overnight project....so i said screw it...ill paint it all black and then go back with silver paint and paint those areas silver another night....but when i put them on all black it just looked soo mean i just decided to keep them that way.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Oh ok thats cool then its does look good though. You should paint the bowtie emblem thats in the middle of the rim yellow i think that would have a badass look to it especially with the yellow calipers. Just the bowtie though not the whole circular part.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts