Cobalts SS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Some fun news to report tonight. We went out to the Goodguys race in Pomona this weekend to race my C-Gas 66 Nova, and we were given the opportunity to make the first ever pass in a front wheel drive car! We made an exhibition run with one of the officials in the car with me, and we ran the cars new personal best of 11.81! It was an awesome run! We'll post more info for you on Monday after the race is over. Hope everyone is doing well and havin' fun! Take care

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's a great pass with an extra body - man that was like a 30's pass with just the driver..............great job. Do you have the break down ?

Jason Whitfield

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a great pass with an extra body - man that was like a 30's pass with just the driver..............great job. Do you have the break down ?

Jason Whitfield
Yea, I'll try and post the timeslip as soon as i can. Ive been slackin! Sorry :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw you make that 11.8 pass. It was awesome. I was part of an NE2 drag team. Every time the Nitro guys were running we went to the stands and I lucked out seeing you run afterwards. We craped out in the Finals. Our best run was 8.64 at 144. Guys were getting closer to the 8.60 dial in sunday. I took some pics of your ride. Tried to meet ya but when you were at the booth I was in the pits. Those Nitro cars were awesome however I did expect Ron Capps to do better in his borrowed funny car. His reaction times were crazy sick. Shows you what a Pro really is..... Here's your ride Erica :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats, definitely commands respect. :)

That's one sick looking cobalt too!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
tofu said:
That's one sick looking cobalt too!
yes. and i want to touch it. i know i can't drive it, but i still want to touch it.

some free advice from a professional though. you could easily knock off 1.2 seconds on your times by removing the ecotec on the bumper and putting 4 "Type-R" badges in it's place.

i know lots of guys that own hondas and say it works lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
L8SHIFT said:
I saw you make that 11.8 pass. It was awesome. I was part of an NE2 drag team. Every time the Nitro guys were running we went to the stands and I lucked out seeing you run afterwards. We craped out in the Finals. Our best run was 8.64 at 144. Guys were getting closer to the 8.60 dial in sunday. I took some pics of your ride. Tried to meet ya but when you were at the booth I was in the pits. Those Nitro cars were awesome however I did expect Ron Capps to do better in his borrowed funny car. His reaction times were crazy sick. Shows you what a Pro really is..... Here's your ride Erica :D

Thank you so much for posting those pictures! That is so great! That was an awesome event, and it was exciting to see Ron Capps jump in that old funny car and play out there with us. Ive been out of town for a few weeks, so now that im back, id love to hear more about how everyones car is doing and ill keep u posted on mine as well! Take care everyone =)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
XxGarbSxX said:
I'm not up to snuff on my Phase 5 Cobalt knowledge. Is that thing street legal?
It can be built to be a street legal car. Our version of the Phase5 leans a little more towards the race car side. But it can be built to be street legal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ENocita said:
It can be built to be a street legal car. Our version of the Phase5 leans a little more towards the race car side. But it can be built to be street legal.
It looks like from the pictures that you're still running glass & (most of) a full interior.

Is this so you can compete in the Sportsman class of the NHRA Sport Compact series, or some other class (NHRA, IHRA, NOPI)?

If not, why not gut the thing and add lexan windows... you'd be looking at getting your NHRA 4B license (if you don't already have one). :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MChat said:
It looks like from the pictures that you're still running glass & (most of) a full interior.

Is this so you can compete in the Sportsman class of the NHRA Sport Compact series, or some other class (NHRA, IHRA, NOPI)?

If not, why not gut the thing and add lexan windows... you'd be looking at getting your NHRA 4B license (if you don't already have one). :D
After this first year of running the car, we will take a lot of weight out of it and lighten the car up a lot. However, we wanted to run the car with everything in it, including interior, windows, etc.. We wanted to show that you can have this car be fast, street legal, and you dont have to gut it if its not something you're really wanting to do. But i cant wait to take some weight out of it, i want to see what it will do when all that stuff isnt draggin it down. :) As far as licensing, I'm licensed to to go as fast as 7.50. I dont think i'll need another license for awhile. The phase5 is fast, but not that fast! ;) Take care

·
Registered
164 Posts
ENocita said:
After this first year of running the car, we will take a lot of weight out of it and lighten the car up a lot. However, we wanted to run the car with everything in it, including interior, windows, etc.. We wanted to show that you can have this car be fast, street legal, and you dont have to gut it if its not something you're really wanting to do. But i cant wait to take some weight out of it, i want to see what it will do when all that stuff isnt draggin it down. :) As far as licensing, I'm licensed to to go as fast as 7.50. I dont think i'll need another license for awhile. The phase5 is fast, but not that fast! ;) Take care
Cool. When you start the weight reduction, you'll have to let us know how it goes. I dropped about 1200lbs from my 1st Gen Neon (It's about 1400lbs right now). I'm hoping to drop a bit more when I finally get around to "back-halfing" it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts