Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were a few people who requested some pics and info on the wheel/tire setup I am using on my SS. Well here are the pics, I have been having trouble finding the offset information on these wheels but let me tell you, they just barely fit in all dimensions, you can see the brakes are really close to the inside of the wheel, the tires just barely clear the front and back of the wheel well during turns and clear the strut by about 1/2 inch, less when running them at the track at 8 psi...Enjoy and please give me the thumbs up or down, please keep in mind that they are there for purely function and I know they don't look that great. (Well except for the ones in the other lane at the stoplight that know something about performance, I have been told)
I need to wash my car bad!!!!

O yeah I forgot, they are 255/50r16

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoungeLizard said:
Makes it look a lot meaner. Great choise on the color too!
Thanks, it does look mean, I can't wait til my new clutch comes in so I can actually put it in the + psi range again...hehe, I'm babying it right now to get me to work. Does the Redline come in Yellow?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey man where did you get those wheels I need a set bad. I took your advice and went to a wet kit after my 2.8 pulley was installed :D I am working on a catback and hopefully will get this thing in the 250RWHP range soon with a 75wet. I know I should be able to run a high 13 without the juice and some good tires but I want to run 12's in this thing so a 100shot might be in order :cool:

I think I need a clutch but I will let you R&D it for me ;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
so from this we have learned that a 255 will fit :D... i see some wider rubber in my car's future (and smaller rims lol)

plus that diameter puts the tire at 3.1% larger in diameter which helps out even a bit more when launching from first cause that thing is low to begin with

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
KSE said:
Good luck, the SS is FWD.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D Good catch KSE.

On a similar note... there was an advertisement in the latest issue of Sport Compact Car for the Cobalt SS/SC. On the buttom of the advertisement it said, "Available rear limited slip". I was like WTF? My whole car universe almost crumbled, but then I figured is was just a huge mistake made by someone. :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
wasey13 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D Good catch KSE.

On a similar note... there was an advertisement in the latest issue of Sport Compact Car for the Cobalt SS/SC. On the buttom of the advertisement it said, "Available rear limited slip". I was like WTF? My whole car universe almost crumbled, but then I figured is was just a huge mistake made by someone. :D
;)

LOL, that's sad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
05YELLOWSS said:
Thanks, it does look mean, I can't wait til my new clutch comes in so I can actually put it in the + psi range again...hehe, I'm babying it right now to get me to work. Does the Redline come in Yellow?
No it dosen't, otherwise I would of gotten it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
deanh8 said:
Do cobalt/redlines have same bolt patten/off set as the other FWD GM cars and some fords (mustang, ranger ect..)?
The SS and Redline share bolt pattern and offset with the Epsilon platform: Malibu, G6, & Saab 9-3.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
evilcobaltSS said:
Hey man where did you get those wheels I need a set bad. I took your advice and went to a wet kit after my 2.8 pulley was installed :D I am working on a catback and hopefully will get this thing in the 250RWHP range soon with a 75wet. I know I should be able to run a high 13 without the juice and some good tires but I want to run 12's in this thing so a 100shot might be in order :cool:

I think I need a clutch but I will let you R&D it for me ;)
Yeah your gonna need a new clutch, I blew the stocker with a 75 shot...the wheels are from pacer, hardly any one makes them and i didn't really want that brand but there are very few with the offset to make 255's fit...the bolt pattern has plenty of options, the offset is gonna be hard to find, I will have to call and find out exactly what the offset is...I think for wheels and tires it was right around 500.00, which isn't too bad for drag radials i guess...just make sure you have a good clutch. I went with the gravana stage II clutch, stage 3 is pretty much track only, I don't want to have to use both feet for normal driving :D ...anyway guess I'll quit rambling and get some of that info...

·
Registered
156 Posts
deanh8 said:
Those the same as the impala, monte, grand prix ect ect??

i think me and you are on the smae page i was wondering the same thing, there was an 06 Impala SS at the local "stealership" here in town and it had the same design wheels, but were polished instead of painted and had a 235 tire on it. if these wheels fit the cobalt, i think i know what my next wheels will be!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may have to check those out as another street option for cruisin' nights, are any of them in 18's? Gna have to look that up...

·
Registered
79 Posts
05YELLOWSS said:
Yeah your gonna need a new clutch, I blew the stocker with a 75 shot...the wheels are from pacer, hardly any one makes them and i didn't really want that brand but there are very few with the offset to make 255's fit...the bolt pattern has plenty of options, the offset is gonna be hard to find, I will have to call and find out exactly what the offset is...I think for wheels and tires it was right around 500.00, which isn't too bad for drag radials i guess...just make sure you have a good clutch. I went with the gravana stage II clutch, stage 3 is pretty much track only, I don't want to have to use both feet for normal driving :D ...anyway guess I'll quit rambling and get some of that info...

Thanks man that has to be my next purchase my 2.2 60fts are not gonna cut it. Are those wheels pretty light.

·
Registered
291 Posts
05yellowss, how are your 60' foot times now with the new tires? I got mine down to a 1.9 now.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
clownhair said:
05yellowss, how are your 60' foot times now with the new tires? I got mine down to a 1.9 now.
Honbestly I don't know yet, I'm waiting on my new clutch to be installed, the launch is wicked but I blew the clutch out before the 60ft, it was just too much on the stocker. It feels 1000% better though, you can launch at a decent rpm, and get mad grip right away. Think I'm gonna be very happy with the stage 2 though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts