Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Eibach has released their new Sportline springs for the Cobalt, and as usual, MP has taken detailed photos to show the public what their Cobalt will look like instead of just giving drop amounts, and a generic Eibach logo.

We took our project car, a 05 Cobalt SS, and lowered it with these new springs, and it effectively dropped the car 2.0 inches in the front, and 2.5 inches in the rear. Now the car looks stunning ! No more offroad Cobalt SS for me !

These new sportline springs cost $199.99 and shipping is $15 by Fedex ground service just about anywhere in the USA.

MP has plenty of these springs in stock, and what we offer is fast, friendly service from telephone auto enthusiasts. We offer same day shipping on just about every order by Fedex, and a toll free number where you can reach us immediately, no waiting for a call back or voice mail, etc. Give us a call if youd like to get a set, we would be happy to help you !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like less than 2.0 and 2.5 inch drop but looks absolutely awesome!!! How is the ride on stock struts and did it require an alignment?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gives a nice look I must say.
And the price is dang good as well.

Ron

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your interest !
Now, to answer your questions :

- The ride is suprisingly soft compared to other lowered vehicles ive driven. Its still more firm however, to compensate for the decreased suspension travel.

- Yes, an alignment is needed afterwards. We havent had one done on our vehicle yet, however we will be getting one soon.

- Yes, the price is smoking hot, we will be raising the price in the next week or so to $219.99 or so, so if your interested in getting one at this price, please call us asap ! We will ship it out today via Fedex !

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Hey, Modern, sorry to jack your thread, but dervin3 posted a link to K&N's website and its showin that the Typhoon intake for the SS is finished and available. I tried to get on your site and use the live help but it was overloaded, too busy. I was just wonderin about how long it would be before you guys got a shipment in?!?! Thanx in advance!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CoBIZZLE said:
Hey, Modern, sorry to jack your thread, but dervin3 posted a link to K&N's website and its showin that the Typhoon intake for the SS is finished and available. I tried to get on your site and use the live help but it was overloaded, too busy. I was just wonderin about how long it would be before you guys got a shipment in?!?! Thanx in advance!
CoBizzle,
We already have a lot of them on order with K&N, and am expecting them within the next few weeks. Im in constant contact with some of the K&N management, and will announce as soon as we receive some here from K&N !

:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is the camber really off with the sportlines? I didn't think that the camber was adjustable on the SS :confused:

·
Registered
227 Posts
How hard was installation? How do the springs affect the handling ability of the car?

BTW Looks sick! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
will they fit on the redline? i am gonna guess no because than why not use the 100 sprint springs on the cobalt but i could be wrong but just thought i would ask.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Those sportlines look hot ! I saw someone with pics of the prokit and I wasnt digging it ... Only a 0.5inch in the rear and 0 in the front... Could hardly tell it had new springs ! Those sportlines look sweet though..
Oh ya... About the alignment... Is the Camber or Caster adjustable on the Cobalt ? Or will you need some kind of kit ?
Hey CoBIZZLE,
Somebody on .net said that they contacted K&N and they were told it is finished and ready to go... But it would be 30 days before you can purchase one...

·
Registered
392 Posts
How was the installation in the rear? Did you need to take the strut out or could you just compress the spring and take it out?

Also as others asked, do you need to replace your struts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
any issues with bumpsteer? thats a pretty significant drop and the suspension bump is way out of the sweetspot. does anyone make a kit to reloacate the front control arms?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts