Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please post a picture of their factory stereo headunit with the iPod input on it. I would like to see how it looks and how it is oriented so I can plan my iPod install for my 2005 which does not have the input. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know the 2005's don't have it. I have a 2005 and it is absent from the unit. I know the 06's DO have it and am hoping someone can post up a pic of it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the hhr and all the redesigned 06 cars have that option but the cobalt wasn't redesigned for 06. and i highly doubt it's just a plug and play installation otherwise they would have offered it for 06.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that's very dissapointing. The iCruze does not work either, and no maker of iPod accessories has an adaptor for the SS. Guess I'm stuck buying the crappy FM transmitter! Those things never work very well. Does anyone have any suggestions.... even ones that require some "electrical adjustments"? :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
i use the griffin iTrip for now... I wanna put the Harmon/Kardon adapter in, Circuit City does the install... a buddy of mine has one and it works like a charm. I think he said it could be installed thru the XM port, but I'm not sure.

I've been checking around and haven't found anything else, and theres no Circuit City around here, so I guess I'm out of luck for now.

If anyone finds anything that works for hard-wiring to the stock head unit, let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've seen devices that tap into the positive and negative speaker wires and turn them to a set of RCA preouts for an amp. I wonder if it'd work in reverse somehow as an input. Can't see how it would being connected to the speaker wires, that would bypass the head unit all together right? Hmmm... How does the iTrip work? Sound as good as those same MP3's would on a disc in the head unit? :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts