Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a intake for my b day a little bit ago and i got an ebay. but i put it on becuase i figure it should still work atleast a little bit.. so my problem is after i put it on my car is very jerky taking off and if im cruising around 3-4k rpm it feels like it starves for fuel for a second then fixes itself.. it throws a rich code. it throws a maf runing high.. an evap code.. and a emissions code.. i have a downpipe with high flow cat and 3" magnoflow catback. since i put the dp on it threw the emissions code.. its because of the high flow cat i believe.. but idk y its running rich.. i understand the maf runing high.. thats what an intake should do to it. i thought that my thr***le body was dirty or injectors were clogged. so i cleaned the thr***le body. and put a b***le of injector clean threw my tank. i havent had time to use the actual pump to clean them. i also changed my fuel filter thinking it was possible that because the intake give more power/air that if these things were dirty or clogged or bad that adding just a little bit more would make a noticble difference in driving. i have yet to check my plugs. does anyone think that could be an issue? my dad ( a mechanic for 25+ years) doesnt think so. he thinks that because its an ebay intake that the pipe length could be wrong causing the air to do wierd things. or the filter isnt good or something like that.. he wants me to take it off. and im going to if i cant figure a fix for it soon. but i love the sound it makes with the supercharger spining. and dont want that gone unless absolutly necassary.. thanks for the help. sorry its so long.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumb bumb.. any have any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone* ( now i cant just put anyone* th message is to short so i g***a type this so i can post it...)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
y cant u use any intake? arent the specs all the same? y would that matter?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know how to move this thread. i just realized i posted it in the classifieds.. sorry.

·
Registered
362 Posts
y cant u use any intake? arent the specs all the same? y would that matter?
No the specs are not the same, placement of the MAF sensor is critical, along with filter style and tube diameter.

You wont ever get rid of your issue unless you throw the Ebay junk a way. Everyone has problems with them, you cannot go cheap.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What Aaron said. Replace that eBay unit with a good quality unit and your problems will go away. You get what you pay for. I have used the Injen for 4 years now with no problems.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thnx guys. i did take it off i had g***en it for my b day so ya. but the problem seems to go away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok so i got a intake for my b day a little bit ago and i got an ebay. but i put it on becuase i figure it should still work atleast a little bit.. so my problem is after i put it on my car is very jerky taking off and if im cruising around 3-4k rpm it feels like it starves for fuel for a second then fixes itself.. it throws a rich code. it throws a maf runing high.. an evap code.. and a emissions code.. i have a downpipe with high flow cat and 3" magnoflow catback. since i put the dp on it threw the emissions code.. its because of the high flow cat i believe.. but idk y its running rich.. i understand the maf runing high.. thats what an intake should do to it. i thought that my thr***le body was dirty or injectors were clogged. so i cleaned the thr***le body. and put a b***le of injector clean threw my tank. i havent had time to use the actual pump to clean them. i also changed my fuel filter thinking it was possible that because the intake give more power/air that if these things were dirty or clogged or bad that adding just a little bit more would make a noticble difference in driving. i have yet to check my plugs. does anyone think that could be an issue? my dad ( a mechanic for 25+ years) doesnt think so. he thinks that because its an ebay intake that the pipe length could be wrong causing the air to do wierd things. or the filter isnt good or something like that.. he wants me to take it off. and im going to if i cant figure a fix for it soon. but i love the sound it makes with the supercharger spining. and dont want that gone unless absolutly necassary.. thanks for the help. sorry its so long.
ebay crap and good ones may look the same but there is a reason that you can get a ebay intake for 30 and a good one for 200

injen **** zzp they all have it down pat
but that could be as simple as the crappy air filter had to much oil in it and when forced air comes through soaks your maf in the process causing the engine to think its getting wronge air mixture causing engine to over fuel then poof to rich code get rid of the crap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts