Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i'm going a stage colder in plugs everyone tell me what you use. Is there a noticeable change?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use the NGK BKR7E copper core,much better plug,and when your ready for a 2 step colder copper plug,NGK makes the non resistor racing plugs R5671A-8thery ,are a super plug

·
Registered
434 Posts
yeah the BKR7Es are great plugs

·
Registered
437 Posts
I currently run the NGKs. They are pretty good plugs. I have had them in for about a year.
They are starting to act up now though.
People with NGK experience are also telling me that they are great plugs but they don't last long. Roughly a year.

So I should be getting my Zex plugs in Wednesday. I'll let you know how they work. I hear great things about them.

Zex Plugs (82003-4)

NGK Plugs (BKR7E)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I currently run the NGKs. They are pretty good plugs. I have had them in for about a year.
They are starting to act up now though.
People with NGK experience are also telling me that they are great plugs but they don't last long. Roughly a year.

So I should be getting my Zex plugs in Wednesday. I'll let you know how they work. I hear great things about them.

Zex Plugs (82003-4)

NGK Plugs (BKR7E)

I've heard good stuff about the ZEX plugs also but I've had no problems with the NGKs and yeah the life isn't the greatest but changing plugs is like a 10 minute job so it don't bother me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've heard good stuff about the ZEX plugs also but I've had no problems with the NGKs and yeah the life isn't the greatest but changing plugs is like a 10 minute job so it don't bother me.
Yeah exactly. They are cheap and easy to install.

So in the end it pretty much just comes down to NGK and Zex. Either one is good.

I'm curious to see how these Zex plugs work. I'll let everyone know.
I like the 3 electrode design on the Zex plugs as apposed to the single on the NGKs.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So in the end it pretty much just comes down to NGK and Zex. Either one is good.

I like the 3 electrode design on the Zex plugs as apposed to the single on the NGKs.
Is there a performance increase?? and any pointer on wht you do to change plugs

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Is there a performance increase?? and any pointer on wht you do to change plugs
Hold on before you start buying plugs... If you go to rockingham, I'll give you my BKR7E plugs. I had them in for about 10 miles, but I personally didnt like the way they performed. Maybe It was just me, but I did go with the 5305 Iridium plugs, I seen a nominal difference in throttle response with them.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
oh yeah, a 10mm socket and a 5/8" plug socket with a long extention and you've got em out. Save for the T30 cover bolts.

·
Registered
434 Posts

I'm curious to as in if these ZEX plugs are better. It's got 3 electrodes but (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the spark will only go to one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Zex plugs came in last night.

I'm going to install them this weekend. I'll let you know.

My NGKs are acting up. Studdering in the higher rpms.
How long have you had the ngk's in?? And also for everyone else I personally change my plugs every year regardless of time and miles i figure for less than 20 bucks and it takes ten mins to do it's like an oil change:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
How long have you had the ngk's in?? And also for everyone else I personally change my plugs every year regardless of time and miles i figure for less than 20 bucks and it takes ten mins to do it's like an oil change:D
I have had my NGKs in for a year now. Yeah colder plugs should be changed about once a year. So it's about that time for me.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i have the NGK BRK7EIX on order it should help, what is everyone elses opinion

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not a fan of the iridium plugs. I'd stick with the regular bkr7e's or go with the zex plugs.
Anything has to be better than platinum. But I think they will last longer than the copper plugs yet give the same result.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts