Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, about 2 months ago when I got the Balt, it's an 06(used) 19,000 miles. It's also Supercharged....anyway I put the car in 1rst and it makes a popping sound when under moderately heavy accelerator (especially on an incline) it also does it in reverse. I told the Dealer about it......ok it "was" a lower control arm...get it back today, still the same problem. It's not a relatively loud pop, but it's apparent with the windows down, and everyone in my family including my mom can hear it. They also told me that they had to order a new axel....don't know if that has anything to do with it considering they told me it just needed to be replaced due to wear and tear before my warranty went out. PLEASE PLEASE help me if you can guys, it's gonna be my 4th time up to this place and this problem is 2 of them. (other is cruise control issue :taken care of)
any help appreciated!

·
Registered
62 Posts
could be axles. But most likely its the following:
Sway bar links (they get loose), use a 18mm wrench and tighten the nuts.
Front Transmission mount, Ive seen them wiggle the top bolt loose a few times. Use a 18mm crows foot, or very very shallow socket to tighten, tighen to 41 ft/lbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts