Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have an 07 Cobalt ls 2.2l. I was wondering if that was a sufficient enough of an engine, and could handle higher pressures or should i swap it out. And if so what should i use?

·
Registered
451 Posts
2.2 is a great motor, holds boost a lot better than the 2.4 would, easiest way to do it would be supercharging it but there are also turbo kits out there, plenty of after market parts for the 2.2s though

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, thank you for the links. Idk tho i was looking for more psi boost, cause seeing as im not going to be getting a new engine, im just going to sleeve the block along with other things.

·
Registered
451 Posts
thats just the kits, no body is going to sell a kit for a cobalt with a t44 turbo lol, get the kit build the motor and then upgrade the turbo if you want the boost to be outragious, i suggest if you really want to go that fast though, get another car its gonna be easier

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol thanks for the help. And no i dont want it outragious, just a bit higher. I like the colbalt and by getting the block sleeved i can just get it right where i want it =]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh i will, it will take a little bit cause i have people in Jersey that will do it for cheep but thats like 590 miles away and im trying to find someone in this area to match up with their skill and price. lol. Plus my job makes everything so much harder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts