Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 05 Cobalt SS today. I love it compared to my piece of junk 00 Sunfire. Anyways I got the MP3 Player radio and the book says it XM Ready and I have the antenna on the roof for it. I can't figure out how to tune it or get the numbers I need to subscribe to it. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
434 Posts
It comes with a 3 month free trial ready to go. Just press band until xm comes up. On the XM band, on channel 0 you press the right turn dial in and it gives you your radio ID number

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already tried doing that like the manual says but it only has FM and AM come up. I don't know why. Do you have to hold band for a few seconds or something?

·
Registered
240 Posts
When you say that you have the antenna for it, is it towards the front or the back? If it's towards the front, that is OnStar, towards the back is XM. Kinda confusing since they look the same, only reason I mentioned it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I see. My antenna is in front of the sunroof. I thought by the way the book said, that the MP3 Player unit was always XM Ready. So how else can I get XM to work?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
BlackSS said:
OK, I see. My antenna is in front of the sunroof. I thought by the way the book said, that the MP3 Player unit was always XM Ready. So how else can I get XM to work?

if the antenna is in the front, that is an onstar antenna. the xm antenna would be behind the sunroof.... to verify that you can go read on the antenna itself, if it was an xm antenna it would have "XM" indented in the antenna itself

only other way to get xm is to pay to have it installed which would be $$$ or you could buy an aftermarket kit IF they have one that will work with the factory system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts