Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of replacing the stock headlights? I am wanting to do the projector dual halo headlights, but wanted to know what you guys think of them performance wise and installation wise?

Are they easy to install as far as finding the bolts and removing the front bumper?

Also does any know of the where-abouts of a parts manual? I can't seem to find one at autozone or advanced.

·
Registered
437 Posts
From what i've heard they are easy to install. You will have to align the lights after install. I love the lights , I think they look good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CT. I just got the windows tinted today so I will have to save up for the Headlights. With a birthday coming around hopefully the family will be generous with their wallets. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a question regarding that same topic. How do you take the lens off. They`re glued on arent they? I want to remove all the orange crap in there. It will be simple once I get the lens off.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
candyman13 said:
I have a question regarding that same topic. How do you take the lens off. They`re glued on arent they? I want to remove all the orange crap in there. It will be simple once I get the lens off.
I have heard a LOT of people puttin them in the oven literally. Im not jokin. Heating up the glue and they simply pull aprat. Of course you'll have to get more glue to seal it back. If you wanna talk to someone who is REALLY talented in this subject pm orangejuice... he is BADASS with some lights! Do a search for a few of his threads and you'll see what I mean!

·
Registered
382 Posts
i've had nothing but probs with mine....leaking, incorrect alignment/poor night visibility, etc. they look soooo damn cool though...

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
xravenwingsx said:
i've had nothing but probs with mine....leaking, incorrect alignment/poor night visibility, etc. they look soooo damn cool though...
LOL cause THATS whats important! j/k Be safe buddy, dont worry bout everybody else lookin at you... worry bout you bein ABLE to look at them! ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
hey are you talking about problems with your halos?? or your stock headlights from GM...cuz i was actually considering buying the black headlights cuz my headlights are foggy and have water condensation in them half of the time

·
Registered
382 Posts
thats the main prob i've been having--is condensation. perhaps the factory seals have a problem? the stock ones get reused in the halo kit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
so are you sayin its the halo's that are having condensation or just the stock factory lights....cuz i have the condensation in my stock head lights now thats why i wanna get some new ones??

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Jeremy, come see me. We'll get them fixed. I'm going to be getting some fairly soon too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i never had a prob with stocks because they weren't on the car long enough to have a prob..i had my stock lights replaced @ less than 1k miles. the halo lights leak quite badly but i suspect it's because of the stock seals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey if your seals leak try using shoe goo. Its really durable and yeah it just kicks ass!

·
Registered
414 Posts
i have a question!! i just bought a 1st gen HL , the ones with leds and halo and found out that all i need is to connect the cable to the parking source. i was wondering, can i connect the leds to the turn signal and halos to the parking?
Yup, you sure can. just don't get pulled over =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts