Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well since nothing is really out right now performance wise for out SS's I figured id get my windows tinted this weekend. Let me know what you think. I also ordered a "Ninja I" license plate so it can not be mistaken :)

23% tint

Before:

After:

·
Registered
158 Posts
back window is missing top piece of tint over the dots

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah i thought the same about the back window. Apparently your not supposte to tint over that because it doesnt let the tint seal to the window properally and when it heats up it will peal away from the dots.

Is that how yours is LoneWholf?

If anyone knows any different, please let me know ill whup someones ass.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nunother said:
Apparently your not supposte to tint over that because it doesnt let the tint seal to the window properally and when it heats up it will peal away from the dots.

LOL, you better go whoop some ass. Mine is tinted all the way up, I don't know who told you it shouldn't be, but it should. If you want, I can get you a shot of mine... It looks good, and I can assure you mine is heated up quite a bit considering it has sat outside in 100 degree weather for the last two weeks :D
LMK

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
anyone got a picture of a red one with tinted windows? i'm not gonna get mine tinted until someone else tries it cause red cars usually look pretty shitty with tinted windows IMHO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Called the company who did my tint and they gave me the same answer - The reason they dont tint the dots is because with your windows down it has a posisibility of tearing that sheet of tint down, and it doesnt hold onto the dots. Sounds lagitimate because this company has dont a SH!T load of tint jobs and they say this isnt to be done.

GL with yours. I hope it doesnt tear. Guess i'll just have to deal with it. Oh well, still looks tight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
selfinfliction said:
anyone got a picture of a red one with tinted windows? i'm not gonna get mine tinted until someone else tries it cause red cars usually look pretty shitty with tinted windows IMHO
I just got my Red SS tinted. I went 20% for the back and 2 rear sides and added a sun shade strip on windshield. They were out of 70% for my front windows so I will get done next week. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nunother said:
Yeah i thought the same about the back window. Apparently your not supposte to tint over that because it doesnt let the tint seal to the window properally and when it heats up it will peal away from the dots.

I have heard the same thing about tinting over the dots. I did n't think it was possible or a good idea and I had my fair share of windows tinted when I lived in GA. It holds for a while but never really adheres perfectly to the dots.

By the way, what percentage tint do you have on there Nunother?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nunother said:

My LS is tinted right over the dots and I'm almost positive they must have heat sealed it because I can only see very tiny rings around the dots and have had no problems with adhesion over the last two months of having it. If they use the typicaly technique of laying it on and squeegeeing it won't work but heat adhesion seems to do the trick...at least that's what I'm assuming the company used that did mine.

If I had a digi camera I'd take some to show and see what people think of the job...maybe I'll borrow my roommates tomorrow if I decide to run it through the wash. I'd test the theory on the windows being down but I'm really not all about my tint ripping off the back window :D. I'm sure if it's done right this won't happen but still looks good man.

Permafried-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts