Cobalts SS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a couple of mods getting my Cobalt ready for the road corse tracks in the area. I'll be addding new dampeners and a anti-sway kit as soon as i get the funds. Check it out, sorry its dirty - Bad weather sucks. Much thanks to the guys over at Preditaor Motorsport in Batavia, Ohio for all the help. http://predatormotorsport.com/

NEXT::
Project Ninja: Stage Four - GMPP Exhaust - Header and Cat-Back [56k beware]

Strut bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eibach Sportline Springs

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Sorry its so dirty - Ill get some daytime shots after i clean it lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so hows it ride? mine tears the car UP!!! we need shock upgrades for a drop that much. i wish someone would just make some!
Eibach makes a dampener kit. Check it out. I just havnt gotten that far yet as to see if they make one for our cars yet. Whilst your at it check on sway-bars two haha. But yeah its a little rougher.

can you show a before and after springs shot of the whole car on one side. I would like to see how it looks stock and lowered. I am sure it looks better, I just want to get a feel for it. THanks
I'll grab some pics for ya this weekend after i clean her up. It was like 9:00pm over here when we got done with em so wasn't really a great time for pictures. But i can tell you right now youll love it. I mainly did it for the handeling aspect, but the look is 10x better. No more high american ass end. Maybe kellyp can get you some pics quicker. He has the same kit i do.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ya as of a month ago they didnt make a dampner kit. no one did. im almost positive no one does yet. eibach does make coilovers, sway bars, and lowering springs all for the cobalt. but remember, they are specifically for the 2.2, so they are more for looks than performance :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eibach does make coilovers, sway bars, and lowering springs all for the cobalt. but remember, they are specifically for the 2.2, so they are more for looks than performance
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! At liest make us a sway bar!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Is that why my shit rides like a rock? How far did you cut yours down?

Can u do me a favor and circle it on the pic in question? I rmember bump stop issues from my old nissan hardbody. And id just like to be able to work on them without looking forever for them. Thanks man.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kellyp - How much did you cut your bumps down? im going today after work to the shop so id like to know asap.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nunother said:
Kellyp - How much did you cut your bumps down? im going today after work to the shop so id like to know asap.
You could figure it out. measure the stroke available in the strut. X

subtract saftey measure of half an inch. you dont want the shock itself to bottom out. x-S

then measure the distance between your bumpstop clearance. subtract this as well from the stroke.

x-s-B

so for example
X= 4"
S= 0.5"
B= 2"

4-0.5-2 = 1.5"

you then can trim the bump stop 1.5".

two other thing to check . ensure the tire has 4" of clearance as well for that much movement. ensure you measure equal bilateral (compare both sides) before cutting to make sure you are on flat gound and cut both bump stops the same left an right.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
wow sorry ninja, i totally forgot about this thread. i think you cut them an inch. they are the little orange things in between the springs in the rear, and next to the strut on the front. sorry again man, let me know if you have any questions.... just pm me lol i have a bad memory

1 - 17 of 17 Posts