Cobalts SS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I own a cavalier 2003, base model 5speed, my best time at the track is [email protected] mph all stock(except for the short throw b&m shift kit)
But when it is humid outside, my best time is [email protected] mph...I dont understand why the engine responds to wheather like that?
But it is truly amazing that on a cold night, I can beat cars that are not supposed to loose to a cavalier no matter what temperature it is outside. For example: 1.8t golf 5speed 2004, any stock chevrolet cavalier z24 doesn't matter what year, Honda civic sir 1998, Nissan sentra spec-v 2003 ect..

All these cars I mentionned above are friends of mine that are pretty good drivers...They know what they are doing behind the wheel.

But on humid days I can't even keep up with the 1.8t 2004, or the Hoda sir 1998 or the nissan spec-v 2003

Does anyone know why this happens??

·
Registered
543 Posts
EcoPower said:
But it is truly amazing that on a cold night, I can beat cars that are not supposed to loose to a cavalier no matter what temperature it is outside.
Sorry I just thought this was funny....

Colder air is more condensed but I'm not sure why their cars seem to be running exactly the same at all temps but you're the only one getting a boost in cold temps and taking a dip in warmer temps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts