Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out cruisin a lil bit last night, and i saw a silver one. seemed like a cool guy. asked if he was on the forum and he said no. asked if he had anything done and he said he couldnt find anything that is made for it yet. we start rolling and we both go at around 35mph. i pulled about a car and a half from 35-60. my mods are stage 1 ecu, wga, and 3" turbo back. i then raced his buddy in a 350 z. pulled him by about the same amount. very cool guys. give u guys props for being a quick car. cant wait till u get more mods.

oh and how do u guys do against a 350 z. it seemed like i pulled them both evenly, maybe the ss a lil more but i'm not sure. i think that would be a good race.

·
Registered
509 Posts
dres said:
i was out cruisin a lil bit last night, and i saw a silver one. seemed like a cool guy. asked if he was on the forum and he said no. asked if he had anything done and he said he couldnt find anything that is made for it yet. we start rolling and we both go at around 35mph. i pulled about a car and a half from 35-60. my mods are stage 1 ecu, wga, and 3" turbo back. i then raced his buddy in a 350 z. pulled him by about the same amount. very cool guys. give u guys props for being a quick car. cant wait till u get more mods.

oh and how do u guys do against a 350 z. it seemed like i pulled them both evenly, maybe the ss a lil more but i'm not sure. i think that would be a good race.
I have seen SRT pull on supercharged & turbo charged 350Z & G35. From on a dig the imports pull but then the srt catches & passes. Sometimes I dont understand how the Srts are doing it, but they do... :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YellowSXT said:
I have seen SRT pull on supercharged & turbo charged 350Z & G35. From on a dig the imports pull but then the srt catches & passes. Sometimes I dont understand how the Srts are doing it, but they do... :D

yeah they are an impressive car. not hard to mod ether. hoping to get 300 whp for less than $1000 in mods. i'm at 765 right now, i just need to install my fuel kit and mapclamp and then tune it, and i should see high 28x low 29x whp. then i need to get water injections and i'm at 300+. woot, s/c cobras here i come

·
Registered
101 Posts
It truely is an awesome time to be proud of America's automotive market now that we have 2 sport compact 4 bangers that dominate the market in performance.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raven said:
It truely is an awesome time to be proud of America's automotive market now that we have 2 sport compact 4 bangers that dominate the market in performance.

2? u dont count the ion redline? or do u count the redline and ss as the same thing?

·
Registered
101 Posts
dres said:
2? u dont count the ion redline? or do u count the redline and ss as the same thing?
No, I'm saying Dodge's SRT4 and Chevy/Saturns SS/Redline. It's soo great to go out and kick some 350Z, WRX, EVO, and other ass with an american made car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
87camaroPA said:
From what i heard the 350Z's and the Cobalt SS's are very close.
Considering the SS is FWD as opposed to RWD, a 4 cyl instead of 6, and cost 10 grand less, I'd say the 350z is a joke.

·
Registered
517 Posts
raven said:
Considering the SS is FWD as opposed to RWD, a 4 cyl instead of 6, and cost 10 grand less, I'd say the 350z is a joke.
Don't forget, the 350z is a fat pig too.

OT, Dres, what is a decent et for Mopar Stage 2? There is a guy on SCR that is stuck at 13 flat. He seemed pretty bummed about it too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
raven said:

They might dominate in a price range of less then 23,000, but by know means do they dominate the 4 banger market!! That would be the EVO and STI that dominate the 4 banger market place for all out stock performance!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JDMCivic said:
Don't forget, the 350z is a fat pig too.

OT, Dres, what is a decent et for Mopar Stage 2? There is a guy on SCR that is stuck at 13 flat. He seemed pretty bummed about it too.

buddy of mine was getting 13.05 with stage 2 but with stock tires. the best an srt4 on stock rubber is a 12.8

·
Registered
101 Posts
tomt5078 said:
They might dominate in a price range of less then 23,000, but by know means do they dominate the 4 banger market!! That would be the EVO and STI that dominate the 4 banger market place for all out stock performance!!
I rule all Evos and Stis by me, and I haven't even invested enough to compensate for the price difference. Then again, I don't run into AMS's Evos on Friday night...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tomt5078 said:

stock? who stays stock :p . for the money srt pwns. car 20,695, mods 795=290s whp. but yeah i added no suspention but thats because i'm not setting it up for twisties. all i want is strait line speed. but shit i'll a have 290 whp but no traction yet :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hay raven. is this the same raven from csc?

·
Registered
234 Posts
dres said:
stock? who stays stock :p . for the money srt pwns. car 20,695, mods 795=290s whp. but yeah i added no suspention but thats because i'm not setting it up for twisties. all i want is strait line speed. but shit i'll a have 290 whp but no traction yet :D

As long as my cars has a warranty I'll stay stock. How do you plain on stopping if you go balls out in a straight line, sooner or later you'll need something to stop ya!

FYI, import wars#4 is this Sat. night from 3pm-11pm. As always I'll be down :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
You guys are from CSC?

The guy I was talking about with Stage 2 SRT4 is from CSC too. His name is Marc. He has a red SRT4 with CF hood & trunk and black road runner stripes. He and his wife, Aprill, are awesome people. They know there shit about dragging too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
87camaroPA said:
From what i heard the 350Z's and the Cobalt SS's are very close.
I've been trying to get a friend of a friend of mine with a G35 (close enough) to race me, no luck yet, I'll keep trying...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts