Cobalts SS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i thought you guys should know since everyone is always asking what the SS can beat/stay with/lose too. Last night i dominated a 2005 mazda 3 which i expected to then i couldnt believe it i stayed right up with an 04 GTO 6 speed/stick. There was no way i could have won but i was surprised that i stayed my front bumper to his side door. And then i raced a 03 GTI it had mods not sure what but i beat him by 3-4 car lengths but i screwed 1-2 shift up a lil if anyone has any new kill stories post em!

·
Banned
200 Posts
Ok so you beat a 16-17 second Mazda 3. Impressive!!! LOL

Keeping with the GTO was commendable, although I'm very disappointed that he couldnt outrun you.

Good work with the GTI. Was it a VR6 or a turbo???

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the pleasure of running a GTP one evening. Raced from the dig, I had him by a car length and a half to about 70 mph. I'm pretty sure it had plenty of mods done to it, the thing made all kinds of racket, from the intake and exhaust, and I am assuming a pulley because one hell of a whine was coming from under the hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my buddy has an 04 VW GTI (turbo) and he keeps up to me in the first two gears after i shift third my SS really starts to pull away...however he had a 5 hour revo trial in his for a day and kicked my ass lol.....i also "played" with an srt-4 hard to tell there ..i was already in 3rd gear and moving along, he didnt catch me though... and he tried...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I raced my friends '02 Infinity G35 coupe the other day. From a dig through 80 i beat him by about 2 - 3 cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Goat

Capone357 said:
Hey guys i thought you guys should know since everyone is always asking what the SS can beat/stay with/lose too. Last night i dominated a 2005 mazda 3 which i expected to then i couldnt believe it i stayed right up with an 04 GTO 6 speed/stick. There was no way i could have won but i was surprised that i stayed my front bumper to his side door. And then i raced a 03 GTI it had mods not sure what but i beat him by 3-4 car lengths but i screwed 1-2 shift up a lil if anyone has any new kill stories post em!
Dorry Bro, but the GTO should of walked you by alot! Dude musta have been messin with you or didn't know how to drive. Good Kills on the others!

·
Banned
200 Posts
SS4ME said:
I had the pleasure of running a GTP one evening. Raced from the dig, I had him by a car length and a half to about 70 mph. I'm pretty sure it had plenty of mods done to it, the thing made all kinds of racket, from the intake and exhaust, and I am assuming a pulley because one hell of a whine was coming from under the hood.
If you beat him by half a car all the way up to 70 he probably didnt have "plenty of mods", probably not even a pulley. Or maybe he did have mods and he just had the wrong ones or it wasnt tuned, in which case the dude was an idiot, because he shoulda either been dead even with you or started creeping away. My car has a stock pulley and it makes one hell of a whine with just the hot air intake.

·
Registered
259 Posts
yea those new GTO's are pretty damn quick... if you stuck next to him.. he proabably wasn't trying or just str8 couldn't drive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
even if the guy in the gto was a sucky racer he would've killed you by alot and when i mean alot im talking about cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars and cars . you get my point and good race with the gtp

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was the 04 gto not the new one with 400 horse and the reason i stayed with him was because it was a lil shorter than a 1/4 mile and my acceleration seemed alot better but when we hit 4th gear he started moving quick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts